ella3miles
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am a full time student and was selected for jury service and I haven’t deferred it, and I’ve been doing it for a week now and has no case but am now being put on a panel for a 13 week long trial on Monday, do you think being a student is a good enough reason to not be chosen? Also my uni has been on strike for 2 weeks and could continue for another week so I’ve said I’ll have all that work to catch up on plus 4 assessments within that time!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ella3miles)
I am a full time student and was selected for jury service and I haven’t deferred it, and I’ve been doing it for a week now and has no case but am now being put on a panel for a 13 week long trial on Monday, do you think being a student is a good enough reason to not be chosen? Also my uni has been on strike for 2 weeks and could continue for another week so I’ve said I’ll have all that work to catch up on plus 4 assessments within that time!
Yep tell them and ask to be excused from the long trial due to exams and education.
You cant miss 13 weeks of your degree or exams.
Vexper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
13 weeks lmao, definitely don't do that !
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
there are plenty of retired people who would love 13 weeks of jury service. you should be studying for your future.
Kutie Karen
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Have you spoken to them about the coronavirus situation? They might not be able to do this with this all going on and predicted to get worse.
A_Iqbal786
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ella3miles)
I think that a student will be able to, best to try. When in work, it may be harder unless you prove that it is essential that you work. Also, if you get asked again, it may be impossible to refuse if you have already deferred it before
Kutie Karen
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you can that would be good for you. I reckon they might not be able to go ahead with it now being a pandemic.
A_Iqbal786
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kutie Karen)
If you can that would be good for you. I reckon they might not be able to go ahead with it now being a pandemic.
I'm not sure how the pandemic will affect jury service
Kutie Karen
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by A_Iqbal786)
I'm not sure how the pandemic will affect jury service
because, if they were going to minimise people being out and about then that was one factor. The judges and jury members could get ill part way through the tiial and then it would be a waste of time and money.. Self isolation.for possible symptons
Thornton_P
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was a big fan of jury service, very insightful. It's a shame to miss out but in times such as these, needs must.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (9)
75%
No (1)
8.33%
Not sure (2)
16.67%

Watched Threads