Can you talk about the water cycle in a question that focuses on the water cycle?

Watch
username4867806
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
We are planning a question that is to do with the carbon cycle feedback systems and the understanding of climate change, and I was wondering if I could do a paragraph based on how water cycle understand is also necessary due to the interlinking between the two cycles. Is this a good thing to do?

This is for A-Level AQA by the way.

NOTE - Title is meant to be "Can you talk about the water cycle in a question that focuses on the carbon cycle?"
Last edited by username4867806; 1 year ago
username4867806
Rep:
?
This is for a 20 marker by the way
username4867806
Rep:
?
Anyone?
Ðeggs
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wouldn’t say so as the marks on the mark scheme will be for mentioning content about the carbon cycle, but some positive feedback mechanisms of the carbon cycle are linked to the water cycle if you talk about something like the acceleration of the melting of glaciers and permafrost (shifting of water from the cryosphere to the hydrosphere) as, carbon content as well as water content is being released from long term sequestration stores and being fluxed into rapid exchanges between the atmosphere and the biosphere.

But stick to content on the carbon cycle and explain how this is linked to the carbon cycle if relevant. And mention the type of feedback system present too.
username4867806
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deggs_14)
I wouldn’t say so as the marks on the mark scheme will be for mentioning content about the carbon cycle, but some positive feedback mechanisms of the carbon cycle are linked to the water cycle if you talk about something like the acceleration of the melting of glaciers and permafrost (shifting of water from the cryosphere to the hydrosphere) as, carbon content as well as water content is being released from long term sequestration stores and being fluxed into rapid exchanges between the atmosphere and the biosphere.

But stick to content on the carbon cycle and explain how this is linked to the carbon cycle if relevant. And mention the type of feedback system present too.
Why wouldn't you get marks for it though considering it is a 20 marker so you normally have to give both sides of the argument (in this case it would be discussing how the carbon cycle can't be viewed on its own). I would be linking everything I say about the water cycle back to the carbon cycle and talking about how the impacts of this can make the feedbacks better/worse.
Last edited by username4867806; 1 year ago
username4867806
Rep:
?
Anyone else got any help?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (223)
43.39%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.28%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.59%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (108)
21.01%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (58)
11.28%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.45%

Watched Threads