RebeccaB_x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I’d love to hear any advice or possible topics from anyone who’s done an EPQ, especially in English Literature. I’m really stuck for ideas at the moment.
Also, I’d love some advice for the activity log, as I’m really unsure what the examiners are looking for or what I actually have to do. The board is Edexcel if that matters.
Thank you so much in advance
esralled
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I did an EPQ on Mental Health throughout literature. I looked at ancient greek plays and poems that dealt with suicide, compared those to 19th century works (specifically Diary of a Madman and The Yellow Wallpaper), and then compared those to contemporary works that deal with depression to see if there were any consistencies between attitudes throughout history in regards to mental health.

The best starting point is to pick a starting point you're interested in - be it writing style, medium, marketing, purpose, narrative style, plot development, or a particular theme - and then find books you've already read or a genre you're interested in that you think would be suitable. I was really interested in gothic literature, so I looked into recurring themes in Edgar Allen Poe's poems. That led me onto the broader theme of mental health, and I expanded out of the gothic genre and onto autobiographies and ancient epics.
RebeccaB_x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by esralled)
I did an EPQ on Mental Health throughout literature. I looked at ancient greek plays and poems that dealt with suicide, compared those to 19th century works (specifically Diary of a Madman and The Yellow Wallpaper), and then compared those to contemporary works that deal with depression to see if there were any consistencies between attitudes throughout history in regards to mental health.

The best starting point is to pick a starting point you're interested in - be it writing style, medium, marketing, purpose, narrative style, plot development, or a particular theme - and then find books you've already read or a genre you're interested in that you think would be suitable. I was really interested in gothic literature, so I looked into recurring themes in Edgar Allen Poe's poems. That led me onto the broader theme of mental health, and I expanded out of the gothic genre and onto autobiographies and ancient epics.
Thank you for your reply!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.63%
I don't have everything I need (260)
44.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise