Stuck between which University to go to (Textiles Design)

Watch
Artemismoon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi,
At the moment I'm stuck between two University which is man met in textiles in practice and Huddersfield in textiles design. I'm not sure which one to go for so if your a current student could you say your review on it
Rennaofravenwood
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'm not a current student but my Tutor studies Textiles at Huddersfield and loved it. Are there other factors which might influence you? For example which city/facilities you prefer, course modules etc
Artemismoon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Rennaofravenwood)
I'm not a current student but my Tutor studies Textiles at Huddersfield and loved it. Are there other factors which might influence you? For example which city/facilities you prefer, course modules etc
I prefer Manchester for the city and facilities your given but I have heard that Huddersfield accommodation is really bad. The course modules to me are pretty similar with me leaning towards more Huddersfield.
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Artemismoon)
Hi,
At the moment I'm stuck between two University which is man met in textiles in practice and Huddersfield in textiles design. I'm not sure which one to go for so if your a current student could you say your review on it
Hi Artemismoon

How are you?

We've managed to get hold of one of our students, and thier comments may help you.

'Hello I am Bridget and I'm currently in my final year studying textiles at Huddersfield and while I can’t say what your university experience would be like at another uni, I can tell you that I have had the best 4 years as a student at Huddersfield, the staff are very friendly and always willing to help. We have an amazing new building with all the art courses in it (Barbara Hepworth Building) which means you get the chance to meet people from other courses as well as textiles.

I also like how we have a nice sized year groups for example we have around 50ish people in my year and that means I have been able to get to know the majority of them and we have a great amount of 1-1 time with our tutors.

One of the big reasons why I chose Huddersfield was because it gave me the chance to do a placement year working in industry. My year in industry was my favourite year and it has helped me when I have been applying for jobs.

I am currently through to the final stage of the interview process for a 6 month paid internship at H&M in Stockholm which I feel I would not have gotten without the portfolio of work, increased skills and experience I gained from my placements.

Good luck with your studies and whatever you choose I hope you have a fantastic time at university.

I hope this helps.

Bridget'

I'd also recommended that you go to the Open Days if you haven't already. This will help you get a real feel for the universities themselves, as well as speak to current students and tutors to ask any questions you may have.

If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a shout.

Speak soon,
Harriette
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.53%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.72%

Watched Threads