How to memorise gcse marksheme

Watch
GCSE_Rockstar32
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So you don‘t repeat your mistakes again.

Spiderweb121
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Even if you memorize one mark scheme, the mark scheme differs from board to board and exam to exam. For example, some exams will accept alterations of words, however, others are adamant you use a specific key word. One of the most prevelant to this I would think is Science, which for me specifically would be Physics.

Questions are also random between exams so there is no chance that you'll find anything that is worth it within the exam you take, within the other exam boards.

All in all, while the way to memorize an exam board's mark scheme is simply to re-read it or try and do memory tests and the like with it (Can't really "apply knowledge" to an exam answer thats already been answered), your best bet would be to learn the content of the course well. Things like:
Testing your memory with revision cards
Teaching the subject to another person
Doing exam questions or papers
Making something fun relating to remembering it (For example, my school uses questionable phrases to remember some equations)
These are all much better things to do instead of memorising an exam board's mark scheme for a paper, seeing as if you do learn the content, you won't have to worry about making mistakes again.
Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
60.12%
No (69)
39.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed