OhICUate12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Hiineedhelp12)
I just used the internet and also a book I had. But mostly the internet there are loads of websites like medic portal. Good luck don’t worry!!
Thank you!!
tammyazeez
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Is the Jan start the same for a 2022 entry? Did it change because of Corona?
anushgaur
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi! Anyone here who has confirmed their offer for 2021 entry? Might confirm my offer too
Hiineedhelp12
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by anushgaur)
Hi! Anyone here who has confirmed their offer for 2021 entry? Might confirm my offer too
Yeah a lot of us have
Mina_xo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by tammyazeez)
Yes, the medicine course at this uni always starts in January. Corona had no effect.
Last edited by Mina_xo; 8 months ago
OhICUate12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by tammyazeez)
Its the same for 2022, since its a private school and the course is 4.5 years, they start earlier. I think you can go in at September though, I believe there's an option
Mina_xo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by OhICUate12)
Its the same for 2022, since its a private school and the course is 4.5 years, they start earlier. I think you can go in at September though, I believe there's an option
There isn’t an option to start the medicine course in September. They have September or January options for some other courses.

And Buckingham actually start later (so January 2021 instead of September 2020). We graduate at the same time as those that started standard 5 year courses in September 2020 at other unis.
Last edited by Mina_xo; 8 months ago
Xoxmedicxox
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by anushgaur)
I’m declining the offer as the fees are ridiculously high- in fact it’s frightening.
The interview was good experience for the real thing next year at a traditional med school in the uk
Lautobuss8
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Anyone know how long the online MMI lasts? they said something about a form part for the last session in the MMI. Thanks
anushgaur
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Any future students from Singapore here?
futuremedic2001
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi! I am an offer holder and have been following this thread for months now . I just wanted to know if any of international applicants are not actually going to Buckingham for a certain amount of time till the ongoing situation normalises a bit? Well, if I decide to not go to Buckingham in January can I just study virtually from home? This would save me a lot on accommodation. Any applicants who are doing this or think if it is ideal in this current scenario?

I have asked this because, even if we are there in Buckingham, there are no classes in person for the time being (am I correct?) and they will be conducting online classes and eventually we'll be doing everything from our rooms, so I was just wondering why not just study from our own respective countries or cities?
futuremedic2001
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Lautobuss8)
Anyone know how long the online MMI lasts? they said something about a form part for the last session in the MMI. Thanks
Ah I think each station was about 7 minutes long and in total it took almost an hour and a half or more to finish the whole interview thing.
Wan0326
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by futuremedic2001)
Hi! I am an offer holder and have been following this thread for months now . I just wanted to know if any of international applicants are not actually going to Buckingham for a certain amount of time till the ongoing situation normalises a bit? Well, if I decide to not go to Buckingham in January can I just study virtually from home? This would save me a lot on accommodation. Any applicants who are doing this or think if it is ideal in this current scenario?

I have asked this because, even if we are there in Buckingham, there are no classes in person for the time being (am I correct?) and they will be conducting online classes and eventually we'll be doing everything from our rooms, so I was just wondering why not just study from our own respective countries or cities?
I dont think you can do that for January. At least for now. At the meet the dean session that we had last week, the dean said that they are planning to have us on campus for January. Lectures will be online but small group tutorials and clinical skills lab will be in person. However, if the situation got worse, they will inform us and everything will go 100% online. But for the time being, they are assuming that we are coming normally in January.

So to answer your question more clearer, you cant decide not to come to Buckingham on your own. For now, plan for coming, until they say otherwise.
HPAG
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by futuremedic2001)

Another universities has lectures online but they have one PBL session in small groups and one where they sit in on a patient interaction. So two in person learning events a week. A big part of becoming a doctor involves learning to work with patients and learning to diagnose. The course cannot actually be done online.
medstudent4532
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by lgup211)
So I emailed Buckingham, and from what they replied both campuses are available for MB ChB and they will try put you in your first preference, which no one from the school informed me about nor could I find it one their website past one choice, which was just more confusing. But anyway that is besides the point, I have been trying to research and decide between the two campus, the two pros and cons that I could come up with is that Buckingham is more settled and they know what they are doing as they have had previous students come through but Crewe is a nicer campus it is in more of a populated town rather than a very small one. If anyone else has any options I would love to know. Thanks
hi! speaking as someone who was at the crewe campus for the pre-med course, i definitely wouldn't recommend the crewe campus at all. literally all of the facilities were closed off and we weren't even allowed to use the library because there were "too few" students and this would waste electricity powering it... for lunch they never opened the cafeteria for the same reason and there were literally 2 ladies who would set up "lunch" in a classroom and we could buy it. felt like primary school. crewe is quite an old town and very little and there is hardly anything to do there. i did find it quite miserable and from experience i have decided i am definitely applying to the buckingham campus as it is more established and you will meet a larger variety of people.
medstudent4532
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by FriedChicken0)
How is the Crewe campus? Any good?
speaking from my experience
medstudent4532
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Hippooath)
I know someone who is studying at bucks and they say it’s a depressing place at the best of times. Mind you he’s from London so misses the city life. Oxford and Milton Keynes are options but he says very few students go there often because of time and costs.
Crewe I know personally. It has a much larger student base and the place is geared up for the students with plenty of bars, coffee shops and eateries. It has more of a proper university campus.
as a student who did the pre-med course at the crewe campus i can confirm this is not true! crewe was horrible. never going back.
medstudent4532
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Mina_xo)
Are there definitely more students there overall? It seemed to me like there are less students. Are you choosing Crewe?
i did the pre-med course at crewe. there are hardly any students and the place is so depressing.
honestlyidk
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Cara Raynaud)
Hi I'm enquiring about the medicine course at Buckingham and other courses such as the Pre-Med and Biomedical sciences. After doing the Pre-Med do you know if you can apply to another medical school than Buckingham? And what about the tuition fees, did you receive a bursary or a student finance loan from the government. The course looks good but the only problem for me is finances. Thanks!
Hiii, The pre-med is a one year course and if you get the grades (70% that is) and clear the MMIs, you will get a place at the University of Buckingham to study med. however I do not think you can apply to other universities for med by just doing the one-year pre-med course as other universities do not recognise it, you can only apply to Buckingham after doing their pre-med course as it is their own course. If you still wish to apply to other universities for med, then you would have to do the second year after the pre-med course and that will then give you a Bsc degree in biomedical sciences, you can use this degree to apply to other universities for graduate entry med. in terms of tuition fees I do not think there is a bursary or scholarship programme however I might be wrong, I also do not think you can get a student loan for this uni as it is a private uni.
honestlyidk
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by FriedChicken0)
What campus have y'all chosen is Crewe really better?
I have chosen Buckingham, honestly, I did one year of pre-med at Crewe and it was soooo dead and boring, every time we wanted to go out to eat or for a night out we would just go manchester. I have been Buckingham once and although Buckingham is a small town, it certainly is better than Crewe and close to many cities which you can either drive or take the train to. but yeah I would not recommend Crewe at all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (79)
27.24%
England (97)
33.45%
Belgium (25)
8.62%
Germany (37)
12.76%
Spain (5)
1.72%