ellismillennium
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I worked in sales for a year while at college, which i enjoyed.When finishing my BETEC in engineering i found employment as a CNC machinist later going on to do machine maintenance. I have just turn't 20 and unsatisfied by my work. I enjoy reading and learning about the financial sector and all the changes happening at the moment. I can also see the opportunities that are opened up to people that work in the sector. I find the idea of building a client base and having your own schedule very appealing which is why i want to be a financial advisor. I also want the ability to support my family, have multiple holidays and enjoy life which is easier on the finance side rather then a shift engineer.

So far i have applied to a large investment company which has offered me the role of help center consultant which i was planning to do for a year and then completing the (DipFA).

Secondly, I have been offered a few Admin roles in a Financial advisory office however the pay is low as expected. Meanwhile i would be completing the (DipFA).

What routes are best to take?
What is the current state of the sector?
Will Financial advisers be used in the future ?
Should i change careers?
Can anyone give some advise please : )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (242)
33.7%
No (476)
66.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed