AQA Biology survival and response

Watch this thread
mushed
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
As homework, I have to draw a poster on the title "Organisms increase their chance of survival by responding to changes in their environment "
I have started doing this but Im stuck on what sort of things to include - I started writing about basically everything in unit 6 (3.6.4) however, there is so much information, it wont fit on a poster; all i could fit was tropisms and kinesis and taxis. Does anyone have any idea of what topics I should cover, in order to get maximum marks but make sure it fits on an A4 piece of paper?
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
River of plastic, Ghana
username5064508
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
You may want to cover thermoregulation and perhaps osmoregulation, since part of that system involves responding to changes in water intake. However, maybe leave off blood glucose regulation, since you want to save space and the link with the question is fairly tenuous. If you do want to include this, focus on adrenaline and not glucagon or insulin.
Perhaps photoreceptors in the eye, since that can be quite relevant.

I know this is a lot of information, but I think the issue is the volume of what you're writing. Even without any of these suggested inclusions, you should be able to fit tropisms and taxis and kinesis on the poster with ample space left. Maybe review how much you've written so far and trim it down to include some of the other topics.
However, taxis and kinesis are very relevant so keep them on. IAA is also a good example to use.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (54)
16.36%
The paper was reasonable (164)
49.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (80)
24.24%
It was TERRIBLE (32)
9.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed