The Student Room Group

How to not be affected by people at work?

I'm thinking of applying for work at a shop but my cousin and their friends also work there so they're accusing me of copying them and want me to work somewhere else.

I've been rejected from almost of the stores around us so this one is the only one left that's hiring. I want a job, I want to earn my own money. Although getting a job right isn't as important at my age, it would still be nice to earn money.

I keep telling myself that my cousin doesn't own that shop and unless they're planning to pay me they should mind their business. But it still bugs me. I'm 16 btw any advice please?
I don't think you should decide whether to work at that shop because of who works there. Do what is best for you! You won't be working there for all of your life and if you can make money that way, then why not do it. I do a paper round locally and get paid (I'm 16 too.)
Again, just do what is best for you. That is unfair of them to say that you are copying them as you aren't, your intentions weren't to copy them in the first place.
I hope you manage to sort something out in the end. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Charlie....
I don't think you should decide whether to work at that shop because of who works there. Do what is best for you! You won't be working there for all of your life and if you can make money that way, then why not do it. I do a paper round locally and get paid (I'm 16 too.)
Again, just do what is best for you. That is unfair of them to say that you are copying them as you aren't, your intentions weren't to copy them in the first place.
I hope you manage to sort something out in the end. :smile:

Thanks! I just want to earn my money in peace without silly squabble.
just say to yourself. in the end it doesn't even matter.
Reply 4
Original post by Igotbbcalevel
just say to yourself. in the end it doesn't even matter.

Thanks! I will!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending