The Student Room Group

Military Police?

Hi guys, just wanted a bit of advice on joining the Military Police, preferably from a serving or ex RMP but any advice is appreciated. I just wanted to find out a bit more about it really as the online information is limited. What is a day to day life in the Military Police like? Ups and downs? Postings? Officer or soldier? Close protection and SIB? Sports opportunities (i compete in boxing)? I appreciate it is a hated regiment but that doesnt bother me. Any other general info would also be helpful. Thank you all in advance :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by joem2019
Hi guys, just wanted a bit of advice on joining the Military Police, preferably from a serving or ex RMP but any advice is appreciated. I just wanted to find out a bit more about it really as the online information is limited. What is a day to day life in the Military Police like? Ups and downs? Postings? Officer or soldier? Close protection and SIB? Sports opportunities (i compete in boxing)? I appreciate it is a hated regiment but that doesnt bother me. Any other general info would also be helpful. Thank you all in advance :smile:

Hi

You haven't stated which of the armed forces you're interested in applying for? Is there one, or are you looking at all three?

Have you looked at each role (Officer and other ranks) on each of the armed forces recruitment websites? In all areas you'll be posted every 2-4 years, roles can vary and it will depend on what's required at the time and your own development and skills that are likely to determine what you could do (close protection etc). Sports are a big part of all of the armed forces, you could continue to do boxing, possibly even representing the service you enter in competition etc.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Reply 2
Original post by RAF_Adam
Hi

You haven't stated which of the armed forces you're interested in applying for? Is there one, or are you looking at all three?

Have you looked at each role (Officer and other ranks) on each of the armed forces recruitment websites? In all areas you'll be posted every 2-4 years, roles can vary and it will depend on what's required at the time and your own development and skills that are likely to determine what you could do (close protection etc). Sports are a big part of all of the armed forces, you could continue to do boxing, possibly even representing the service you enter in competition etc.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Cheers Adam. I have strongly debated the Army but i am open to any of the Armed Forces. I have researched quite a lot on the ranks and roles, knowing that upon completion of training you promote to Lance Corporal. Obviously one of the main benefits of Officers is the increased pay, but i feel like i would be naive if i chose to join the Officers purely based on the pay. I am happy to start at the bottom, earn respect and move up the ranks, but at the same time i am in a position of management at my current job which i enjoy, and not to be too up myself but i do see myself as a strong leader.
Original post by joem2019
Cheers Adam. I have strongly debated the Army but i am open to any of the Armed Forces. I have researched quite a lot on the ranks and roles, knowing that upon completion of training you promote to Lance Corporal. Obviously one of the main benefits of Officers is the increased pay, but i feel like i would be naive if i chose to join the Officers purely based on the pay. I am happy to start at the bottom, earn respect and move up the ranks, but at the same time i am in a position of management at my current job which i enjoy, and not to be too up myself but i do see myself as a strong leader.

Hi

As long as you meet the entry requirements for the Officer role then there's nothing stopping you submitting an application. Officer and Aircrew Selection will determine whether you've got what we're looking for in an Officer. ;-)

I can't comment on the Army of Navy processes, you may need to ask on their social media channels or websites as I'm not sure whether there is an official person to answer on here.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Quick Reply