Can I do a PE degree with a Extended Diploma in Performing Arts?

Watch
bennnnnn06
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi,

I am currently undertaking an OCR Cambridge Technical Level Extended Diploma in Performing Arts. I am really enjoying the course but I don’t know wether I want to pursue my career as a performer. I was wondering could I go onto do a PE or Sport degree with this. In my coursework we have a Healthy Performer unit which we learn about the body and all the muscles etc.

Do you think a university would accept this?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by bennnnnn06)
Hi,

I am currently undertaking an OCR Cambridge Technical Level Extended Diploma in Performing Arts. I am really enjoying the course but I don’t know wether I want to pursue my career as a performer. I was wondering could I go onto do a PE or Sport degree with this. In my coursework we have a Healthy Performer unit which we learn about the body and all the muscles etc.

Do you think a university would accept this?
The only way to know is by checking 10-15 target courses and looking at their entry requirements. I think you might be hard pressed.
Top unis have preferred A levels like Biology in addition to BTEC i.e BTEC alone may not be enough.
It wilkl vary between unis though.

https://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/underg...rcise-science/
https://digital.ucas.com/coursedispl...t=MostRelevant

Maybe look into courses with a foundation year, go lower down the food chain or just self study an A level.

Performing arts is one of the least flexible and least preferred subjects you can choose.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (0)
0%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (0)
0%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (0)
0%
No, I haven't received any communication (3)
100%

Watched Threads