The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Thanks very much, Every little helps! I'm going to attempt it tonight :-P I'll try add some quotes too. If you can find your essay that would be great :-)
plzz help me..

how do i start my Romeo and Juliet coursework???

the question is : with close reference to act 1 and 5, examine how Shakespere explores the themes of love in 'Romeo and Juliet'

i will apreshiate any help given!
thanks a bunch!
me x
Reply 42
hiya im vicky un i need help desperatly....preferably 2nite plz ?! :frown:
right....my problem is i have an essay 2 du comparing D.H.Lawrence's '''Last Lesson In The Afternoon''' and Carol Ann Duffy's '''In Mrs Tilscher's Class''' and i 4got totally about doin it cxoz i woz sooo caught up in uva coursework( i even worked on Cristmas Day :frown: )
Basically i av 2 compare the two of them can u plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me im sooooooo stuck ....plz eva reply on this or help me snd send 2 my email at [email protected].....thanks plllzzzz reply 2nite...thanks vikz x
Reply 43
Bookworm
I am The Bookworm...

If you need help with essays on history, religious studies, law or english/ american literature, I will help you.

Need comments on your essay or help with revision? I can help with that too.

Just post me a message!

Best of luck!

Hi i am a year 10 student and im am dong gcse english on romeo and juliet. The scene which im doig is act 3 scene 5 can, its about the relationships that juliet has and she looses. Plz reply as im really stuck
Reply 44
Does anyone know why the reaionship between juluet and har father
Please reply :smile:
Reply 45
Does anyone know why the reaionship between juluet and har father
Please reply

Father and Daughter! sorry couldn't resist.

Bookworm hasn't been here for ages so you would be better off spending time doing the essay yourself than staying here waiting for him to reply.
Reply 46
i need some help with king lear, i need to add more to it about lear and anything on cordelia would really help

Q:biggrin:escribe the characters of King Lear, Goneril, Regan and Cordelia in Act One Scene One. Explain what we learn form this scene in ‘King Lear’ about the role of the monarch and court life.

Lear, the ageing King of Britain and the protagonist of the play greatly enjoys having absolute power and being complimented. He prioritises the appearance of love rather than the actual devotion. This is shown very clearly when he banishes Cordelia from his Kingdom.
King Lear is very impatient, this can be seen when he marches into the room and orders ‘Give me that map’ it is demanding and shows that he is full of self importance this can also be seen in ‘We shall live . . .’ where he uses the royal we.
When Cordelia does not lavish him with praise you see the other sides of him. He is quite fickle ‘I loved her most’ shows us that Cordelia was her favourite but he quickly changes his mind. He doesn’t seem to know his daughters, or be a good judge, by believing what Regan and Goneril say it tells us that he is very gullible. Cordelia is sincere and says that she loves him only as a father ‘nor more nor less.’ In front of all the people in the court he seems embarrassed and too proud to forgive her. So he is very harsh when punishing both Cordelia and Kent. He also gets very violent when Kent tells him that he’s wrong. ‘Don’t come between the dragon and the object of his wrath’ shows self importance and his choice of words, describing himself as a dragon shows us what he thinks of himself as powerful.
People respect him but only because they fear him. He wants to get rid of the responsibilities of a King but keep the power. Although despite all of these obvious faults in him he seems to inspire loyalty in many of his subjects including Edgar, Gloucester, Kent and of course Cordelia, all of whom would and do risk their lives for him.
essay question:
Explain how Shakespeare uses the Prologue and Act 1 Scene 1 of Romeo and Juliet to set the scene for the tragedy which will unfold throughout the rest of the play.

If you could help by just giving me some things to concentrate on and how to start. cheers. :tongue:
Reply 48
Hey, I really need ur help,I've got an essay due in 2m and I dont have a clue what to write. The essay question is ' At the end of Act 3, scene 1, Romeo says 'O I am fortune's fool'. Are the events of this scene the result of bad luck or bad judgement?'

The paper also says the fortune or fate was often described as a person in Shakespears time. Explain why this was popular. This is the part i'm not sure about.

If you can help please let me know asap, as the essay is already very overdue. Thanks
Hi yes i have this huge paper to write for english on elizabethan fashion. any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 50
Bookworm Has Posted Only 3 Times In This Forum And It Was About 1 Year Ago. Get Over It, She's Not Coming Back To Answer 4 Pages Of Questions.
Reply 51
Bookworm Has Posted Only 3 Times In This Forum And It Was About 1 Year Ago. Get Over It, She's Not Coming Back To Answer 4 Pages Of Questions.

LOL yea i know he/she seemed very warm-hearted at the beginning, but then some people start exploiting his/her existence, no wonder she went. It is quite funny watching people posting in stuff with no reply and other people start piling in!

:tongue:
Reply 52
can someone tell me with my essay???!!!! here's my topic :biggrin:iscuss Shakespeare's use of public versus private settings throughout the course of the play. what is the purpose of these two types of locales? how does he arrange the scenes? what types of events take place ay private locales? Public?
can you give me some ideas?
thanks in advance!!!
Reply 53
Once again I'll say this once more: Bookworm is not here, she/he has left after posting 3 posts.

She has 4 pages of work to do if she decides to return.

Leave the thread alone. Noone wants to write your coursework.
Reply 54
hi all i need help on my open box problem maths, i have literally copied my mates so i dont really know what to do my teacher expects us to learn the higher tier stuff on our own and i cant becaue its too hard so my mate helps me but im not too sure what to do for the write up of the coursework. please help
Reply 55
ifcowscouldfly
plzz help me..

how do i start my Romeo and Juliet coursework???

the question is : with close reference to act 1 and 5, examine how Shakespere explores the themes of love in 'Romeo and Juliet'

i will apreshiate any help given!
thanks a bunch!
me x

If you didnt already know, or if you picked up a dictionary to find out, apreciate is NOT spelt "apreshiate"

no offense, but you wouldnt want to lose marks on your essay for a simple spelling mistake....
hi de ho mate.im the type of student that leaves everything lastminute.com.i could really do with some ideas on an essay regarding the book CAL by bernard mclaverty...can you help me out cos praying aint working...shine on bookworm...may the words be with you...
Reply 57
LOL! its funny how noone gets that shes gone!
x Dee
LOL! its funny how noone gets that shes gone!

the horse has bolted then...
hey i'd rather have a frontol lobotomy than a bottle in front of me...
Reply 59

Leave the thread alone. Noone wants to write your coursework.

Well, not exactly. I do want to write courseworks of some guys. I mean free help.

But you need to deserve it.

Good luck.

Latest

Trending

Trending