Free help with essays Watch

This discussion is closed.
akhtar
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
Pleeeeeeeeeeaeeese bookworm help me on the following:

1) "There should be no rich people in the world as long as there is povety" do you agree
give your answer from 3 points of view (islamic/christinaty, others, own)

2) "Why is there a need for world development?"
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
As you can see, if you have some eyes. Bookworm came in one day and posted one message. Then left.

Grovelling for help will not make you get any.
Bestes
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by akhtar)
Pleeeeeeeeeeaeeese bookworm help me on the following:
I will try to replace bookworm

1) "There should be no rich people in the world as long as there is povety" do you agree
give your answer from 3 points of view (islamic/christinaty, others, own)
Here is some excerpts from the article which could help you with your essay.

Reference:
The Real Issue: The Rich - Poor Gap
Magazine article by Dale Maharidge; Nieman Reports, Vol. 51, Spring 1997

"Rich land and poor people. THIS is neither an accident of geography nor a consequence of poor economic planning. The prosperity beside mass poverty in the world has been brought about by men, by power.

The reasons why are many. Some reporters are well paid and don't relate to the poor. Some newspapers are reaching for an upscale audience. Or these issues simply suffer benign neglect.

But now more than ever a "social issues" beat is vital, and welfare reform is just one reason. In order to succeed at this kind of reporting, one must cover not only the poor, but also the rich, as well as the middle. In a word: class.

"Class," however, is usually preceded by the word "middle." But the unpleasant truth is we've become like our progenitor, the British. Many issues seem disconnected: welfare reform, immigration, affirmative action, industrial downsizing, international trade policy, homelessness, even the way many people live in the suburbs.

But there are connections and we have to make them, because the gap between rich and poor will only grow wider, with troubling implications for all classes.

While database reporting can play a role, what is most needed is old-fashioned street reporting. Our job is two-fold: to educate readers and to present options to readers and policy makers. If we're doing our job, we should look at solutions and not just symptoms.

For a comparable period of societal change, the 1930's come to mind. It was a rich decade for reporters, novelists, photographers. Some practiced what has come to be known as documentary journalism. Together, the documentarians made a difference. They shaped public opinion, kept issues on the front burner, recorded history. This might sound like activist journalism. But it's just really basic journalism -- showing citizens the conditions of the society in which they live.

I began reporting about poverty at the Sacramento Bee in 1981. The following year I began a project with photographer Michael Williamson on the "new homeless." Over the next three years, we traveled 23,000 miles around the nation, in boxcars, in a rusting $600 car, sleeping in missions and under bridges.

The work led to "Journey to Nowhere." As near as I can tell, ours was the first contemporary homeless book. It was followed by many. Most, including ours, failed for a variety of reasons.

A look at how we failed, as well as how we succeeded, mirrors my experience with newspaper reporting about poverty.

The success was in that we showed cause and effect -- we began the book in Youngstown, Ohio, where tens of thousands of jobs were lost when steel mills were shuttered. We documented the forces that set people on the streets. A man or woman doesn't suddenly become homeless. There's a long process of decline for a person to become, as noted by the Russian writer Maxim Gorky, "a creature that once was a man."

A failure was that I mostly showed just the good side of the people of whom I wrote. This doesn't mean I should have looked for stupidity or reasons they deserved their conditions. But my subjects were missing a dimension.

What I'm talking about was summed up by Lionel Trilling in a 1941 Kenyon Review piece on "Let Us Now Praise Famous Men," by james Agee and Walker Evans, about Alabama share-croppers. Trilling praised Agee, but he faulted him, too.

"The failure ... is a failure of moral realism," trilling wrote. "It lies in Agee's inability to see these people as anything but good ... he writes ... as if there were no human unregenerateness in them, no flicker of malice or meanness. no darkness or wildness of feeling, only a sure and simple virtue, the growth, we must suppose, of their hard unlovely poverty. He shuts out, that is, what it is a part of the moral job to take in."

I call this the "canonization of poverty." The opposite is demonization. Some reporters fill prey to both extremes. But there is a middle.

The world of the poor is inhabited by people who are nice, funny, racist, mean, kind, etc. To twist something Ernest Hemingway once said of F. Scott Fitzgerald, the poor are just like everyone else, only they have less money. By smoothing over their rough edges, we do a disservice. Their stories don't ring true.

2) "Why is there a need for world development?"
A human being with a capacity to do nothing other than maintain an interior homeostasis and defend against physical and psychological threats would have little chance of long-term survival in a complex and changing environment. Such an animal must also be inclined to explore, assimilate new information, and integrate that information with its existing conception of the world, because survival depends on the development of an adequate understanding of the environment and a complex set of skills for interacting with that environment

Good luck!
cathal
Report 15 years ago
Hey i was wondering if u could offer me some assistance on an essay that i hafta do for a/s level R.E the title of the the essay is : Is Abortion Ever Justified? If u can help me Please reply Thanks Cathal
cathal
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cathal)
Hey i was wondering if u could offer me some assistance on an essay that i hafta do for a/s level R.E the title of the the essay is : Is Abortion Ever Justified? If u can help me Please reply Thanks Cathal
sorry just noticed book worm left sorry
Bestes
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cathal)
Once again I will replace bookworm.

Here's the answer on your question, Cathal:

An abortion might be justified anyway in some cases, but the issue is not self-defense rights.

As a reference you may use the position of Jane English in his "Abortion and the Concept of a Person" in Today's Moral Problems, ed. by Richard A. Wasserstorm ( New York: Macmillan, 1985), pp. 448-57. )) where he argues that a woman is JUSTIFIED IN ABROTING if pregnancy and childbearing will prevent her from pursuing the life she wants to live, the expression of her own autonomy.
akhtar
Report 15 years ago
help me with re
why is there a need for world development?
there should be no rich people as long as there is povety
akhtar
Report 15 years ago
Thanks bestes
Bestes
Report 15 years ago
Thanks bestes
You are welcome!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bestes)
You are welcome!
lol bookwordm only had 3 posts
jason x
Report 15 years ago
does any 1 know how to do the conclusion for R+J coursework any help would be nice as teachers wont help lol and i am well dumb :eek: so plz help meeeeeee

post your ideas here or email me at [email protected]
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.28%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.52%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.84%
Not yet but I might (58)
13.36%

Watched Threads