The Student Room Group

GCSE 2019 English Lit Questions

Can anyone recall what last year's english lit questions were on for Macbeth, A Christmas Carol and An Inspector Calls for AQA

I have my gcses this year and as you know you can't find last years papers online. if i know the 2019 questions its certain to not come up this year.

id appreciate any help :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For Edexcel:

The Macbeth part 1 question was an extract about the porter and you had to analyse how he was presented I think.
the part 2 question was how evil is presented in Macbeth.

Hope it helps
Reply 2
for the 2019 one was the question about responsibility on a specific character?
Original post by maaisha
for the 2019 one was the question about responsibility on a specific character?

yes
Anyone know the question for OCR - animal farm and Youth and Age Poems 2019 GCSE
Original post by Axaaa
Anyone know the question for OCR - animal farm and Youth and Age Poems 2019 GCSE

And if anyone did OCR English Language paper 2 - what was the creative writing question??!
Original post by username5485512
And if anyone did OCR English Language paper 2 - what was the creative writing question??!

Hiii, did you do the exam yet? If not the question was like use the title 'the playground' to write about a time you went there. i forgot the other option tho.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by username5485512

hiii, if you've done that exam, please may you let me know what the questions were as I want to know if I did the 2019 paper or 2020 paper. thanks!
Original post by sanb
Can anyone recall what last year's english lit questions were on for Macbeth, A Christmas Carol and An Inspector Calls for AQA

I have my gcses this year and as you know you can't find last years papers online. if i know the 2019 questions its certain to not come up this year.

id appreciate any help :smile:

i did aqa macbeth and an inspector calls

i’m pretty sure the macbeth question i did was something like
to what extent is macbeth presented as a violent character?
and then the extract was about him fighting on that battlefield

and then i swear i remember writing about jealousy for inspector calls and included shiela and mr birling in my answer, can’t remember if they were mentioned in the question tho

hope this helps
Reply 9
Original post by yoooo145663
hiii, if you've done that exam, please may you let me know what the questions were as I want to know if I did the 2019 paper or 2020 paper. thanks!

I’m doing it tomorrow. What was your question?
I’m doing it next week, if you’ve done them, please can you tell me what your questions were. If you did the language exam, did you guys do the text on World War Two?
I’m doing it next week, if you’ve done them, please can you tell me what your questions were. If you did the language exam, did you guys do the text on World War Two?

is this for aqa
Reply 12

Yeah the texts in the language exam were about war!
Original post by ____a

Oohh ok cool, please could you tell me which questions you had in the literature exam? Thank youuu!!!
Original post by studentdoing
is this for aqa

Noooo, this is for OCR.
Original post by ____a

Hii, please can you let me know if in the literature exam, you did animal farm and poetry? Can you tell which questions were on yours? Thanks for the help!!
Reply 16
Original post by ____a
I’m doing it tomorrow. What was your question?

what were the questions If u did aqa x
Reply 17
Original post by Zaara_k
what were the questions If u did aqa x

Sorry I do OCR
what were the questions as I do OCR too. Thanks
Does anyone know the lord of the flies question(s)? For AQA that is.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest