amallbbyy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I am in pathways to law and there are currently 13 universities in cohort. Does that mean that I get a reduced offer from all those 13 unis or just the one that I am specifically in because I am not in the UCL Pathways to Law specifically but it is part of the cohort and I want that as my first uni. If so will it be reduced from A*AA to AAA or AAB.
king axolotl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by amallbbyy)
I am in pathways to law and there are currently 13 universities in cohort. Does that mean that I get a reduced offer from all those 13 unis or just the one that I am specifically in because I am not in the UCL Pathways to Law specifically but it is part of the cohort and I want that as my first uni. If so will it be reduced from A*AA to AAA or AAB.
UCL don't do Pathways to Law (London is QMUL, LSE and Roehampton), but you can qualify for a reduced offer through the Access UCL scheme depending on your postcode and school. I know from experience that some universities give a reduced offer for everyone (i.e. Manchester, Roehampton), where as some only do it for the students from their cohort (i.e. LSE, Bristol). If you have any queries then you can probably email the respective law schools (I applied to Manchester this year and they forgot to reduce my offer, so they corrected it afterwards!).
amallbbyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by king axolotl)
UCL don't do Pathways to Law (London is QMUL, LSE and Roehampton), but you can qualify for a reduced offer through the Access UCL scheme depending on your postcode and school. I know from experience that some universities give a reduced offer for everyone (i.e. Manchester, Roehampton), where as some only do it for the students from their cohort (i.e. LSE, Bristol). If you have any queries then you can probably email the respective law schools (I applied to Manchester this year and they forgot to reduce my offer, so they corrected it afterwards!).
(Original post by king axolotl)
Thank u soooo much. I know that it isn’t in the London cohort this year but when I searched online it said it’s still apart of Sutton trust so do u reckon it would still be possible to get a reduced offer from it
amallbbyy
Rep:
?
Thank u soooo much. I know that it isn’t in the London cohort this year but when I searched online it said it’s still apart of Sutton trust so do u reckon it would still be possible to get a reduced offer from it
Ah seems like it’s for the summer schools, my bad. Very unfortunate that I couldn’t apply to the summer schools due to the pathways to law . Oh well
king axolotl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Ah seems like it’s for the summer schools, my bad. Very unfortunate that I couldn’t apply to the summer schools due to the pathways to law . Oh well
You can check your eligibilty for Access UCL here :
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-st...ess-ucl-scheme
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.7%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (774)
42.07%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.78%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed