Struggling with workload

Watch
anonymous274
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
It’s GCSE year and I know I have to expect a lot more homework, but I’m at the point where I’m completely swamped by it. There’s the thought of revision constantly lingering at the back of my mind and how close GCSEs are and the fact that I’m still being set essays, maths papers, etc. Because of the short time we have (we only have a week to get homework done) there just isn’t enough time to go through stuff in depth and I end up copying or rushing homework. I’m beyond stressed at the moment and the workload of art is also unbelievable. I can’t keep up and I feel like I’m getting worse in all of my subjects because I can’t focus on everything in depth at the same time. I don’t know how to get through a week filled with work on a daily basis with barely enough time to do it all. I don’t know what to tell my teachers if I haven’t done it. I’ll most likely get a detention.

On top of this GCSEs are generally stressing me out so much that I can’t remember the last time I wa s genuinely happy. I’m not even working to my full potential yet and I’m still exhausted. I can’t deal with the fact that if I don’t do well in GCSEs I won’t get a good job. It’s getting me down and homework is taking over my life and I just need a few words of wisdom to get me through the next few weeks

Shadynaz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I feel you so much. I'm ready to give up.
But I sat down and thought of why i need my GCSEs why i need them so much. You get a sense of determination from the goals u set.
The scare technique also works, think of all the bad things that can happen.

To get on top of the work load i recommend putting everything u need to do in a list and then ticking them off. The sense of satisfaction is amazing.
anonymous274
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Shadynaz)
I feel you so much. I'm ready to give up.
But I sat down and thought of why i need my GCSEs why i need them so much. You get a sense of determination from the goals u set.
The scare technique also works, think of all the bad things that can happen.

To get on top of the work load i recommend putting everything u need to do in a list and then ticking them off. The sense of satisfaction is amazing.
I’ve tried making a list and it helps me see exactly what needs to be done but I’m getting different things from different people about how important GCSEs really are - should I even be stressing this much to the point I can’t even get out of bed in the morning
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anonymous274)
I’ve tried making a list and it helps me see exactly what needs to be done but I’m getting different things from different people about how important GCSEs really are - should I even be stressing this much to the point I can’t even get out of bed in the morning
GCSEs are simply a stepping stone. More or less the whole point is to prepare you for whatever school leaving qualifications you decide to do (whether these be A-levels, BTECs or equivalent), both in terms of prerequisite knowledge and also study skills. As long as you get at least 5 good passes including English and Maths, for the most part they'll just tick a box. That's not to say you shouldn't want to do well! It's just not worth sacrificing your mental health over.

Not a fan of when schools just set too much homework. I can reassure you that the amount of homework you receive will actually decrease as you go through school. I'm not sure what sort of advice can be offered though, really at this point you've just got to see it through until the school gives you the time to do your own thing. Using a timetable may help you balance time between subjects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (242)
33.85%
No (473)
66.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise