The Student Room Group

A level Further Maths or Physics??

I'm in yr11 now and I already plan on taking a level biology, chemistry and maths in September when I get into college. However, I'm not sure what subject out of A level F Maths and Physics would be the better choice for a 4th subject. Also, after college I'm thinking about studying medicine but I'm not sure which subject would be more useful..
For medicine Physics is the more useful there's a module on medical physics. Further maths is for people REALLY passionate about maths or extremely smart people
It's hard to say. Further maths is easier to drop if you end up finding 4 subjects too difficult. Further maths looks better on an application (as it is harder). Physics is likely more relevant (although if you do statistics in further maths that's likely relevant too). If you're good at maths, Further maths will be easier. If you're not, Physics will be far easier.
Have a look at the website 'What uni'. if you type in medicine and have a look at each uni and their course they offer by clicking into it, it tells you a bit further down on the page what majority of alevel subjects are taken in a bar chart format . below is a link for what uni, medicine under the search and UEA uni

https://www.whatuni.com/degrees/medicine-mb-bs/university-of-east-anglia-uea/cd/54983432/5637/

Quick Reply

Latest