Is it illegal for someone to put their penalty onto your car?

Watch
Abzdot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, my neighbour got a fine for parking on a double yellow line, then they put it onto someone else’s car. Is this illegal as I can’t find anything related to this
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Abzdot)
Hi, my neighbour got a fine for parking on a double yellow line, then they put it onto someone else’s car. Is this illegal as I can’t find anything related to this
It's certainly very stupid. He's hoping that the other owner will pay it without reading it - which isn't that likely. All that will happen is the PCN won't be paid, and he'll get a NTO in the post which will be after the PCN discount period.
nevershear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes, tampering with a PCN is illegal - that includes removing a PCN from someone else's vehicle, or placing the PCN on someone else's car.

With that said, PCNs tend to include a photo and information - or in other cases information - with the evidence uploaded on-site so whoever puts that PCN in will instantly know what car it belongs to and will just say "hey you put this PCN on the wrong car" at which point they'll say "no we didn't" because when an enforcer puts a PCN on someones car - they photograph it on the car; so immediately they'll know someone's moved it, so how they thought this was a good idea when all that person has to do is open it is hilarious.

Don't worry, if your neighbour asks you for any help just tell them to contact the enforcement agent or council, whichever one is applicable to the ticket and tell them what's up (considering they found the PCN on their car, they're within remit to open it, I know this contradicts what I just opened with but if I find a PCN on my car I'm gonna open it lol; because it doesn't say what it's for without doing so and you're going to assume it's yours) and they'll sort it out because they'll know where it should be and write them a letter.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Abzdot)
What the ****... this qualifies for #DHOTYA
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
60.95%
No (66)
39.05%

Watched Threads