The Student Room Group

My boyfriend broke up with me out of nowhere

Hi can someone please help me with anything from kind words to just advice?

My boyfriend broke up with me out of nowhere just when I thought things were going great and didn't even have a reason.
We had been dating for a year and he just did it out of nowhere, even though a few days ago we were happy

I feel so broken since this is my first love , first break up etc and I just feel so worthless because I feel as if that if I had been good enough, he would have loved me enough to try or atleast stay but I wasn't.

It's so much worse because he didn't even have a reason and I keep crying out of nowhere how am I going to continue with my daily routine if I go to college and end up having breakdowns or something?

I'm just devastated
If he didn't give a reason it likely means it was as simple as him no longer being happy in the relationship. Sexual attraction and romantic interest can fade.

A break-up doesn't mean you weren't good enough or that you could have been a better partner. It just means the relationship has run its course and you two are no longer a good fit for each other.
Reply 2
Original post by sinfonietta
If he didn't give a reason it likely means it was as simple as him no longer being happy in the relationship. Sexual attraction and romantic interest can fade.

A break-up doesn't mean you weren't good enough or that you could have been a better partner. It just means the relationship has run its course and you two are no longer a good fit for each other.

I just feel so confused because he seemed so happy only 2-3 days ago and now I'm just left feeling confused, like was it all a lie? Like what even?
Original post by Anonymous

My boyfriend broke up with me out of nowhere just when I thought things were going great and didn't even have a reason.
We had been dating for a year and he just did it out of nowhere, even though a few days ago we were happy

I feel so broken since this is my first love , first break up etc and I just feel so worthless because I feel as if that if I had been good enough, he would have loved me enough to try or atleast stay but I wasn't.

It's so much worse because he didn't even have a reason and I keep crying out of nowhere how am I going to continue with my daily routine if I go to college and end up having breakdowns or something?

I'm just devastated

Honey, your better off without him,
if he had the audacity to break up with you with no reason
dont let it make you feel ****,
Chin up princess, or the crown slips xxxx
Reply 4

I'm just devastated

This is funnily enough the exact same thing that happened to me Friday night. Out of nowhere, he just dumped me and although he told me often he loved me and we were happy as anything on Monday, it was over in seconds. I've been crying non-stop since then and I hardly slept that night but it's been two days and I'm gradually coming to terms with it. You will cry and will be upset, but don't put yourself down.

You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince, and trust me, you're still young. Also, if it makes you chuckle, you are the egg. He is the sperm. The sperm chases the egg for success, so don't go chasing after any boys, let them come to you! You've got your whole life ahead of you, so keep your chin up and remember how strong you really are.

It sucks being alone, but I'm here if you need a quick chat or anything. Trust me, this is my third break-up and it's difficult, but with time it will get better, I promise. Keep smiling and try not to think about it, keep yourself occupied and learn that everything happens for a reason. One chapter ends, another begins.

Take care of yourself my darling, you'll be okay. Sending hugs x
Reply 5
This happened to me and there's always a reason. He'll be hiding it from you. I wouldn't get back with him if he changes his mind because you'll live with the fear of him doing it again. I know how much it hurts though.

A traumatic event occurred for my ex and he didn't want to tell me about it so broke up with me instead. He didn't want his parents finding out and thought I might tell them.

I'm just devastated

So sorry to hear this. As a person who has suffered many many broken relationships, it's all part of the love journey...

Yes, men have gone off me and have been too cowardly to tell me, or to tell me why. I am completely honest, so like you I cannot understand why this happens. If I went off a boyfriend I would tell them and break up with them. Simples.

Please know that you are not the only young lady BY FAR who has had to go through this. Would you want anyone who makes you cry? Wait for the one who makes you laugh and supports you.

The worst thing about a breakup is having to explain it to your friends at college, but once you do this the worst is over. Try to eat your fave food, do things you enjoy, get out and meet someone new.

In 6 months time you may wonder what you have been crying about.

Sending you the love xxxx
Original post by OddOnes
This happened to me and there's always a reason. He'll be hiding it from you. I wouldn't get back with him if he changes his mind because you'll live with the fear of him doing it again. I know how much it hurts though.

A traumatic event occurred for my ex and he didn't want to tell me about it so broke up with me instead. He didn't want his parents finding out and thought I might tell them.

Pathetic reason. You dodged a bullet.

I'm just devastated

Take care, girl. I'm sorry this is happening.

The simple fact here is that your man probably has reasons, but he just doesn't want to share them with you. He's probably been feeling this for a while and just didn't have the courage to tell the truth. I'm sorry it happened to you - He just didn't have the maturity to be honest with you. You deserved better than that.
Original post by Chloe.fortis

Audacity? Sorry but should people have to stay in relationships they're not happy with, then?
They're young, things change, relationships change. Just because he seemed happy with his life doesn't mean he was happy in the relationship. I've been on both sides of this in the past.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Audacity? Sorry but should people have to stay in relationships they're not happy with, then?
They're young, things change, relationships change. Just because he seemed happy with his life doesn't mean he was happy in the relationship. I've been on both sides of this in the past.

Im not saying that if your not happy you still have to stay in the relationship but at least explain to her why hes breaking up with her!
so your saying she doesn't deserve an explanation?!
Original post by Oxford Mum
Pathetic reason. You dodged a bullet.

It really was. He got black out drunk and had to be taken away in an ambulance. He knew if his parents found out he'd get a smacked bum. Saw getting a smacked bum from mummy as a worse thing than breaking up with me to avoid punishment. I probably wouldn't have told her anyway :rolleyes:
Maybe he has met another lady.
Reply 13
One thing us girls have to remember is that boys ain’t ****. No matter how much we might think “oh he’s different” or “he’s not like the other boys” sometimes there will be ways they mess up and it can’t be fixed, I’m not saying every boy is like this but from my experience- they are like that (maybe I’m going for the wrong ones but that’s besides the point lol)
What I’m trying to say is, don’t rely on a boy to be happy, because if you do, at times like this it can be difficult.
And take this as a life lesson, because at the end of the day it makes you stronger.
Im not saying that if your not happy you still have to stay in the relationship but at least explain to her why hes breaking up with her!
so your saying she doesn't deserve an explanation?!

Perhaps he didn't have one. Sometimes we just fall out of love.
And calm down with the ?!, you really don't need to get so worked up on someone else's behalf. This is likely to happen many times in her life, and yours too, and the sooner you learn to pick yourself up and dust yourself off, the better.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Perhaps he didn't have one. Sometimes we just fall out of love.
And calm down with the ?!, you really don't need to get so worked up on someone else's behalf. This is likely to happen many times in her life, and yours too, and the sooner you learn to pick yourself up and dust yourself off, the better.

i just think hes an ass personally but yano, thats my oPinON :smile: xoxo- Coronavirus Girl
i just think hes an ass personally but yano, thats my oPinON :smile: xoxo- Coronavirus Girl

You're absolutely entitled to that, but you do need to grow up before embarking on any kind of adult relationship. Just read the post back that I'm replying to, and think, honestly, whether it sounds like an adult/someone who will soon be an adult. If you can't be bothered doing that, I can just tell you. It doesn't.

sorry but that was kinda cringy lol

I'm just devastated

Comfort yourself with the absolute certainty that given a bit of time you will wonder what you ever saw in him, and probably meet someone a lot nicer.

This kind of thing is not that uncommon. I heard a tale of a man, who after many years of marriage, turned round to his wife and told her he didn't love her anymore, and walked out. So, bad as things might seem, they could be a hell of a lot worse.
Reply 19
I'm sorry you're going through this. It's going to hurt for sometime but then one day you'll realise that it was all for the best. You deserve someone who loves you and is honest with you.

For now you need to avoid all contracts with him, block him.

You will get better with time and please dont be hard on yourself because it has nothing to do with you. You'll realise that with time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending