Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I'm deciding between studying at LSE and UCL atm. I know I'd like UCL but I could either hate or love LSE. I'd be much more willing to take the risk of studying at LSE if I knew how transferring unis worked. So I'm wondering how easy it is to transfer.

1. Could I transfer in the first weeks or would I have to wait a whole year? If I transfer at the end of the year will I have to start from square one?

2. The problem is that for UCL I have a contextual offer and I already have my grades which do not meet the requirement for a standard offer so would this be a problem if I were to decide to transfer?

3. The courses differ slightly: Economic History at LSE and History, Politics and Economics at UCL. Will this matter?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm deciding between studying at LSE and UCL atm. I know I'd like UCL but I could either hate or love LSE. I'd be much more willing to take the risk of studying at LSE if I knew how transferring unis worked. So I'm wondering how easy it is to transfer.

1. Could I transfer in the first weeks or would I have to wait a whole year? If I transfer at the end of the year will I have to start from square one?

2. The problem is that for UCL I have a contextual offer and I already have my grades which do not meet the requirement for a standard offer so would this be a problem if I were to decide to transfer?

3. The courses differ slightly: Economic History at LSE and History, Politics and Economics at UCL. Will this matter?
1. A whole year imo as LSE likely to be jam packed. Do LSE do transfers?
2. LSE look at everything like a fresh application.
3. Yes it matters for credits, its up to them.

I think it would be much more difficult than you imagine. You seem to be saying you already have 100% place at UCL based on a contextual offer and you are considering risking it for LSE? I would not, although am not sure what grade difference you need to make for LSE.
Talk to LSE.
jumpman123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Generally speaking, it will be hard, if not impossible, to transfer to LSE or UCL.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.24%
I'm not sure (33)
4.24%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.98%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.1%

Watched Threads