Ruhi.TM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Im starting my accouting and finance degree in the september coming up, but i want to start working in the field so i can apply the things i learn in uni into my work place vice versa, any tips on what kinds of jobs i can apply for?
GME2446
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ruhi.TM)
Im starting my accouting and finance degree in the september coming up, but i want to start working in the field so i can apply the things i learn in uni into my work place vice versa, any tips on what kinds of jobs i can apply for?
If you applied for a course with placement year, you would get to work for a year. I would recommend that because otherwise, you'll be working only part time and that might not be too efficient.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ruhi.TM)
Basically I agree with the post above. A few suggestions:

- see if you can get some summer work in an office or accounting firm. Bit of a long shot but people do get such jobs.
- join societies and try to become the treasurer of a university society.
- read about business/ read the economist to see how what you are learning fits within the world.
Thornton_P
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ajj2000)
Basically I agree with the post above. A few suggestions:

- see if you can get some summer work in an office or accounting firm. Bit of a long shot but people do get such jobs.
- join societies and try to become the treasurer of a university society.
- read about business/ read the economist to see how what you are learning fits within the world.
Thank you for this, I like all these suggestions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (242)
33.75%
No (475)
66.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise