The Student Room Group

A Level Subjects Combination

Not sure what subject combination to pick for my A Levels
I will most probably pursue Computer Science as my undergraduate, however I still want to broaden my options so I can also study other things, eg finance, accounting, engineering ...

So far I've picked maths, further maths, physics as my subjects. Should I pick chemistry or economics as my 4th subject so I can pursue other things in the future if I dont want to do computer science ??

Thx
Reply 1
Original post by Awesomerz
Not sure what subject combination to pick for my A Levels
I will most probably pursue Computer Science as my undergraduate, however I still want to broaden my options so I can also study other things, eg finance, accounting, engineering ...

So far I've picked maths, further maths, physics as my subjects. Should I pick chemistry or economics as my 4th subject so I can pursue other things in the future if I dont want to do computer science ??

Thx

does your school not offer computer science a level?? personally those choices are really good and i think economics would go in better than chemistry as it's not really required for those specific career paths however if you think medicine or something along the lines of that would interest you later on then chemistry is the right one but if you're sure you would like a finance/accounting route i think economics would work but in the end they're your choices and the best thing is to choose subjects you would enjoy and know you would do well in :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by esra.aa
does your school not offer computer science a level?? personally those choices are really good and i think economics would go in better than chemistry as it's not really required for those specific career paths however if you think medicine or something along the lines of that would interest you later on then chemistry is the right one but if you're sure you would like a finance/accounting route i think economics would work but in the end they're your choices and the best thing is to choose subjects you would enjoy and know you would do well in :smile:

Unfortunately, my school doesn't offer computer science. But thanks for the advise :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest