The Student Room Group

after university full time work

I am currently studying psychology in my last semester of university so am looking into what options are available to me after i graduate. I am not keen on studying a masters course therefore instead am looking for employment. I am interested in working in investigating psychology, so detective work or forensic psychology. Does anybody know of any trainee investigating jobs or any graduate schemes in these fields, this would be a huge help. Thank you.
Hi there, I did some quick research on this. It looks like, in order to work as a chartered psychologist (for example as a clinical psychologist or forensic psychologist ect) you will need training at a postgraduate level. When you have a masters and/or PhD in psychology, and you register as a HCPC practitioner and have the needed work experience, you can then work as a psychologist in your field of speciality.

I would look into doing a placement/being an assistant to a psychologist if you want to get experience in the field but are not wanting to do further education at the moment.

So, if you are not looking to do further study, and you would like to find opportunities fit for a psychology graduate you could look into these fields:

Marketing
Human Resources
Research
Finance/Financial Advising
Original post by wiktoria_imrak
Hi there, I did some quick research on this. It looks like, in order to work as a chartered psychologist (for example as a clinical psychologist or forensic psychologist ect) you will need training at a postgraduate level. When you have a masters and/or PhD in psychology, and you register as a HCPC practitioner and have the needed work experience, you can then work as a psychologist in your field of speciality.

I would look into doing a placement/being an assistant to a psychologist if you want to get experience in the field but are not wanting to do further education at the moment.

So, if you are not looking to do further study, and you would like to find opportunities fit for a psychology graduate you could look into these fields:

Marketing
Human Resources
Research
Finance/Financial Advising

Thank you, this is a big help
As above, you need an accredited MSc in Forensic Psychology to complete the Stage 1 requirement of becoming a Forensic Psychologist

I do know the police have a graduate scheme for those that want to work in CID, which could be useful?

Quick Reply

Latest