The Student Room Group

My cat disappeared, could she still be alive?

Hello everyone,
my cat disappeared 10 days ago, she is eight years old, she is spayed and I looked for her everywhere.

I am hoping she is not dead but it's very cold on here and she is used to be at home.at least for part of the day.
Yes she’ll be fine. Don’t worry. Mine went for a whole year and thought 100% it was dead but no, he will chilling down the street
Original post by Vaniasantos
Hello everyone,
my cat disappeared 10 days ago, she is eight years old, she is spayed and I looked for her everywhere.

I am hoping she is not dead but it's very cold on here and she is used to be at home.at least for part of the day.

Oh dear. Cats have a habit of doing this.
Have you asked around your neighbours, and got them to check places like sheds and garages? It would be worthwhile going around this afternoon if not. It's unlikely that an 8-year-old cat would have gone off to die somewhere, because that's not very old in cat terms.

Have a look for her - I really hope you find her :smile:
Yes. The other day I saw a video on Youtube of a guy whose cat had been missing for 9 years and the cat was fine.
Have you put up any posts on social media? Someone in your local area may have seen her.
Reply 5
Hello, thank you for your answer. I went to the neighbors, left missing cat photos and told the association. I went to the country side next to my house to look for her. I told vets and never animal shelters. She has never been out for so long. It's inspiring to see this people saying ten days is not too long.

Thank you
Try not to worry there’s a good chance she will show up. Have you moved house recently or anything like that? And before now what’s the longest she’s been away?
When my 2 year old cat decided to disappear for a while, I thought he was gone forever and I was too worried. Two weeks later, he came back hungry and thirsty af. I wonder where he went and what he did.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Try not to worry there’s a good chance she will show up. Have you moved house recently or anything like that? And before now what’s the longest she’s been away?

Hello, before that she was away maximum three days. and we went to find her. She was in the next house hiding.

We moved two months ago, 100 km from where we lived in the city, this is the countryside. But she knew the place a bit.
Original post by Vaniasantos
Hello, thank you for your answer. I went to the neighbors, left missing cat photos and told the association. I went to the country side next to my house to look for her. I told vets and never animal shelters. She has never been out for so long. It's inspiring to see this people saying ten days is not too long.

Thank you

That's OK :smile: I'm sure she'll appear - and when she does, she'll be like: 'what's all the fuss? now feed me' :laugh: That's cats for you.
She’s been away for longer so I’m sure she’ll come back soon, but if she doesn’t I would check around the area that you used to live, since you moved not too long ago she might have tried to find her way back. I hope you find her soon
Try the local Facebook page.

My parent's ginger tom went missing for 3 months when they moved. He was found on the local golf course thanks to someone seeing his picture on Facebook.
Reply 12
should have got it tagged. why didn't you?
I did actually. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest