The Government is a disgrace

Watch
Weeping_Angel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
re. Covid-19

How in the f*** did we go from "There's no need to stop flights, no need to quarantine people on arrival" to "We can't contain the virus it's too late". It's a f****** disgrace.
Cryoraptor
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
True.
Kitten in boots
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Rather than raging at your keyboard, why not take a basic primer in epidemiology and infection management?

You'll then understand why broad ranging quarantine methods are impractical and ineffective.
Last edited by Kitten in boots; 3 weeks ago
Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I agree.
Last week the health minister himself was telling everyone to carry on shaking hands when everybody with half a brain could see it was a major source of transmission and would cost nothing to stop.
Now all Doctors are saying don't shake hands.
It is transmitted by air and on surfaces, especially hard surfaces. Yet there has been no comment on or work around to deal with the millions of times pin number machines are used by members of the public at tills every day.
My daughter's school uses a fingerprint scanner on every kid right before they eat yet haven't thought to at least supply hand sanitizer and wipe the scanner every time it's used.
God knows where we be a month or two from now with these clowns in charge.
Last edited by Just my opinion; 3 weeks ago
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
more people have died of obesity today than from Wuhan Virus since January. i don't hear people moaning about the Government's Obesity Strategy

:rolleyes:
Treetop321
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by the bear)
more people have died of obesity today than from Wuhan Virus since January. i don't hear people moaning about the Government's Obesity Strategy

So? Just because it isn't the biggest killer doesn't mean it isn't important and it doesn't mean we can't complain at the government's response. Plus, quite a lot of obesity cases are due to lifestyle factors and choice (so non-communicable) whereas Coronavirus is communicable.
Weeping_Angel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Just my opinion)
I agree.
Last week the health minister himself was telling everyone to carry on shaking hands when everybody with half a brain could see it was a major source of transmission and would cost nothing to stop.
It is transmitted by air and on surfaces, especially hard surfaces. Yet there has been no comment on or work around to deal with the millions of times pin number machines are used by members of the public at tills every day.
My daughter's school uses a fingerprint scanner on every kid right before they eat yet haven't thought to at least supply hand sanitizer and wipe the scanner every time it's used.
That Health Minister Matt Hancock is a fool and completely out of his depth. There he was, thinking he'd have a nicecushy job for the term of Parliament with Boris' NHS funding boost. And then along comes Coronavirus. He doesn't know what he's doing and it shows on his face during interviews.
Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
In fairness to him he was repeating what he'd been told by expert government advisers.
In the words of Thomas Sowell
"It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance."
Unfortunately both ministers and the experts don't seem to have enough knowledge to see what's staring them in the face.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Weeping_Angel)
re. Covid-19

How in the f*** did we go from "There's no need to stop flights, no need to quarantine people on arrival" to "We can't contain the virus it's too late". It's a f****** disgrace.
That has been health professionals and the governments position on it from the start. There was never a hope in hell of 'stopping' the virus, let alone stopping it from reaching Britain.
Weeping_Angel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
That has been health professionals and the governments position on it from the start. There was never a hope in hell of 'stopping' the virus, let alone stopping it from reaching Britain.
Pleas explain how a virus can come into the country when people entering the country are quarantined.

I look forward to your intellectual response.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Pleas explain how a virus can come into the country when people entering the country are quarantined.

Because;
a) you can't control everyone who enters and exists a country - let alone test every single person that you do know about.
B) As for quarantining every single person who comes into the country? Lol. I don't think so. Do you have any idea how many people enter the country each day?

uhuh?
nexttime
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How many people do you think that would be, off the top of your head?
Weeping_Angel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Because;
a) you can't control everyone who enters and exists a country - let alone test every single person that you do know about.
B) As for quarantining every single person who comes into the country? Lol. I don't think so. Do you have any idea how many people enter the country each day?

uhuh?
a) You can't control everyone who enters and exists a country? Yes, you can. It's just that the Government choose not to do it.
b) It's very simple. You ban people from boarding a flight to the UK that have been in China over the last two weeks (a simple check of the passport for visas would instantly indicate), and those that haven't been in China you screen them anyway on arrival. If they show symptoms you send them back from where they flew from.

But of course your sensitive snowflake self would complain and say "it's inhumane, what about their rights".

And that is the reason we are in this mess. From thinking like that.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
a) You can't control everyone who enters and exists a country? Yes, you can. It's just that the Government choose not to do it.
Tell that to the boat people.
b) It's very simple. You ban people from boarding a flight to the UK that have been in China over the last two weeks (a simple check of the passport for visas would instantly indicate), and those that haven't been in China you screen them anyway on arrival. If they show symptoms you send them back from where they flew from.
Good luck applying that to British citizens who have a god given right to be able to come back to Britain. Never mind, this completely supposes people will be honest about their travel history. Call me a skeptic but i rather doubt it. At any rate all your rather amusing suggesiton so far has accomplished is exactly what the government paper stated in the first place, a delay of its arrival.
As i said, call me old fashioned but i'd rather trust the experts and epidemiologists opinion on this than a key board warrior, such as yourself
But of course your sensitive snowflake self would complain and say "it's inhumane, what about their rights".
you're a bit of weird kid arent you? Is the best you can do some weird off base insult? :lol:
And that is the reason we are in this mess. From thinking like that.
Ignorance is bliss you for aye? :rolleyes:
Weeping_Angel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Tell that to the boat people.

Good luck applying that to British citizens who have a god given right to be able to come back to Britain. Never mind, this completely supposes people will be honest about their travel history. Call me a skeptic but i rather doubt it. At any rate all your rather amusing suggesiton so far has accomplished is exactly what the government paper stated in the first place, a delay of its arrival.
As i said, call me old fashioned but i'd rather trust the experts and epidemiologists opinion on this than a key board warrior, such as yourself

you're a bit of weird kid arent you? Is the best you can do some weird off base insult? :lol:

Ignorance is bliss you for aye? :rolleyes:
Actually in times of national emergency you could pass emergency legislation to delay British citizens entry until they've been tested. If they test positive you ship them off to hospital to quarantine. And I've already said you check foreign nationals for their passports for a Chinese visa stamp. You're not very good at thinking outside the box are you? Clearly you're just a "yes man". Which is why it figures that you'd blindly "trust the experts" as you put it.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Actually in times of national emergency you could pass emergency legislation to delay British citizens entry until they've been tested. If they test positive you ship them off to hospital to quarantine. And I've already said you check foreign nationals for their passports for a Chinese visa stamp. You're not very good at thinking outside the box are you? Clearly you're just a "yes man". Which is why it figures that you'd blindly "trust the experts" as you put it.

There's no conversation to be had with you. You can't debate with "yes men" as they need a rule-book to survive and can't use their initiative to solve problems - let alone have a debate about solving one.

Good luck in life. Meathead.
:rofl:
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago

Where would we quarantine all the people entering the country?
That would be millions of people?
Nobody would come either as tourists or to do business if they have to be quarantined for 14 days..
Its going to take 12-18 months for a vaccine.
UK economy would have gone into deep recession by then.
Weeping_Angel
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Where would we quarantine all the people entering the country? Read my proposition again.
That would be millions of people? No it wouldn't. Read my proposition again.
Nobody would come either as tourists or to do business if they have to be quarantined for 14 days.. So you'd rather get sick (and potentially die) from Coronavirus than have Ching-Chong Chinaman cancel his holiday? Says it all... Plus you don't need to be in the country to do business these days...that's what Skype and Docusign were invented for...
Its going to take 12-18 months for a vaccine. Irrelevant
UK economy would have gone into deep recession by then. Looks like we're entering one anyway so what's the difference. A recession has been on the cards since '18 so again....not really relevant is it?
^^
Last edited by Weeping_Angel; 3 weeks ago
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by the bear)

obesity is a choice in most cases and doesn't directly impact other people's health in most cases
PotatoFruit
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Just my opinion)
I agree.
We have fingerprint scanners in my school as well so if one person has corona everyone basically has it now, it’s kinda stupid
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (228)
33.73%
No (448)
66.27%

Watched Threads