The Government is a disgrace

Watch
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Where would we quarantine all the people entering the country?
That would be millions of people?
Nobody would come either as tourists or to do business if they have to be quarantined for 14 days..
Its going to take 12-18 months for a vaccine.
UK economy would have gone into deep recession by then.
This user appears to be a crank, you may as well argue with a wall for all the use it will do to them and their touching opinions :lol:
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Weeping_Angel)
Grow up. And get some life experience you actual snowflake.
Does one really need to point out the hilarious irony in this odd little insult? :lol: I suggest you calm down and don't get so worked up.
TheStarboy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I suggest you go and look up the word “irony”

Also I note that you’ve not got anything to say about anything else that I wrote. Figures. You’re just a clueless kid that knows nothing. Probably got a handful of As at GCSE and ALevel now thinks that his logic reigns supreme, yet can’t hack it when he’s presented with real world facts.

Fool.
This reads more like a child than any response here. Grow up and stop getting so upset over the smallest things. What do you know about real-world facts?
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I suggest you go and look up the word “irony”

Also I note that you’ve not got anything to say about anything else that I wrote. Figures. You’re just a clueless kid that knows nothing. Probably got a handful of As at GCSE and ALevel now thinks that his logic reigns supreme, yet can’t hack it when he’s presented with real world facts.

Fool.
As the other user astutely noted, i think you'll find you're the one coming off as a child here :lol: Although given you claim to be an 'adult', well, oh dear :lol:
Weeping_Angel
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheStarboy)
This reads more like a child than any response here. Grow up and stop getting so upset over the smallest things. What do you know about real-world facts?
What do I know about real world facts?

Exactly what I’ve already written.
Weeping_Angel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
As the other user astutely noted, i think you'll find you're the one coming off as a child here :lol: Although given you claim to be an 'adult', well, oh dear :lol:
As if I care about the opinion of Dufus and Rufus. One that acts like his logic knows no bounds, the other who can’t even read.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As if I care about the opinion of Dufus and Rufus. One that acts like his logic knows no bounds, the other who can’t even read.
Out of interest, why are you still trying to demonstrate how immature you are? I mean for an 'adult' who claims to be a grown up professional you really do act like a child. Abusing strangers online? Oh yes you are a big man.
However, as much as one absolutely loves bashing my head against a wall with someone as err... educationally below par, as your fine self i think i'll have to leave you here
Justvisited
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kitten in boots)
Rather than angrily and irrationally raging at your keyboard, why not take a basic primer in epidemiology and infection management?

You'll then understand why broad ranging quarantine methods are impractical and ineffective.
Tell the Chinese.

And while you're there, tell them to stop burning coal.
AnonymousNoMore
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Mate, you're embarassing yourself just stop please.
AnonymousNoMore
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Shut the f*** up. I don’t get “embarrassed”. Secondly how would one get embarrassed through providing the other person with facts (above) and no response?

I’m not the one to be embarrassed here. Don’t get involved.
😳😂😂. You're hilarious dude, continue to get angry. That Napp man has a special place in your head and he is living rent free. Oh and the facts also were mainly in the favour of Napp, all you did was point out 2 countries where they were isolating people.
Weeping_Angel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Out of interest, why are you still trying to demonstrate how immature you are? I mean for an 'adult' who claims to be a grown up professional you really do act like a child. Abusing strangers online? Oh yes you are a big man.
However, as much as one absolutely loves bashing my head against a wall with someone as err... educationally below par, as your fine self i think i'll have to leave you here
Educationally below par? You have no idea my level of education.

Secondly you were the one that called me a ‘crank’ for my propositions, you were the one who said what I said was unrealistic and petulant. And then when I show you two clear cut and real world cases of those same things being used, you have nothing to say and try to change the direction of the conversation.
Weeping_Angel
Rep:
?
(Original post by AnonymousNoMore)
😳😂😂. You're hilarious dude, continue to get angry. That Napp man has a special place in your head and he is living rent free. Oh and the facts also were mainly in the favour of Napp, all you did was point out 2 countries where they were isolating people.
See that’s the difference between you and I. I provide facts and real world cases to make my case. You provide opinions based on no evidence of them working in the real world.
AnonymousNoMore
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
See that’s the difference between you and I. I provide facts and real world cases to make my case. You provide opinions based on no evidence of them working in the real world.
What are you talking about? I haven't even given my opinion on the government's handling of corona virus. But if you want to know, I agree with the 3rd user on this thread, take a course in infectious disease and maybe you'll understand that the methods aren't affecting. And the reason they didn't shut down the airports when we had about 5 cases, is because it would have been ridiculous, cost a fortune and inconvenience millions a day. Oh by the way, all of those are based on facts.
Weeping_Angel
Rep:
?
What are you talking about? I haven't even given my opinion on the government's handling of corona virus. But if you want to know, I agree with the 3rd user on this thread, take a course in infectious disease and maybe you'll understand that the methods aren't affecting. And the reason they didn't shut down the airports when we had about 5 cases, is because it would have been ridiculous, cost a fortune and inconvenience millions a day. Oh by the way, all of those are based on facts.
I don’t want to take a “course”. See maybe that’s the problem with a site called “The Student Room”. Everything is about courses not about taking action and thinking outside of the box. My mistake for coming here.

In any event, whilst it is true that it would cost a fortune and inconvenience millions, I think the inconvenience is about to affect millions more than it otherwise had. Preventing foreigners from coming here and scanning/quarantining British people on arrival would have been a minor inconvenience compared to what’s to come. And I draw that conclusion from what’s happening in Italy right now. Only a matter of time before it happens here.
Last edited by Weeping_Angel; 4 weeks ago
AnonymousNoMore
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don’t want to take a “course”. See maybe that’s the problem with a site called “The Student Room”. Everything is about courses not about taking action and thinking outside of the box. My mistake for coming here.

In any event, whilst it is true that it would cost a fortune and inconvenience millions, I think the inconvenience is about to affect millions more than it otherwise had. Preventing foreigners from coming here and scanning/quarantining British people on arrival would have been a minor inconvenience compared to what’s to come. And I draw that conclusion from what’s happening in Italy right now. Only a matter of time before it happens here.
I get it now, you think you know everything so you don't need education, alright.

But that wouldn't stop the whole spread of the virus, it might have slowed it, but it wouldn't have stopped it. What about private air travel? What about boat travel? What about foreign delegates who have a very clear need to access other countries? And as I believe it can also be spread from animal to human, what about the meat market? Are you going to stop all import of meat from Italy, China etc..?
Your "thinking outside the box" isn't so much revolutionary thinking but rather just an inaccurate thought by an uneducated, willfully uneducated might I add, man.

Also the economic impact that the Italy quarantine will have is huge and so damaging to the country, we wouldn't want to put that into plan too early as you're suggesting.
slazman
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
All your suggestions are very narrow minded. Would a complete quarantine of the whole country probably prevent a significant outbreak? Probably, yes. But any idiot can come up with that suggestion if the only goal is to stop the disease at all cost, it doesn't make you somehow more 'in the know' compared to everyone else, as you seem to think you are.

In reality however - and I'm talking exclusively in the real world now, which I'm given to understand is what you want - governments and people in positions of power have a far more wide ranging socio-econonic balancing act to take into account when they're making these decisions. Think of it this way: The government could drastically reduce homicide rates (still a far bigger killer in this country than coronavirus) if they just stopped anyone from leaving the house for any reason. But that's a ridiculous suggestion when weighing up the costs against benefits on the country, the economy and peoples lives.

Your anger is driven by a fear of the virus, which is bad but nowhere near as horrific as you would think given the hysteria surrounding it from some. And also, your posts have made you come across as an ignorant, small minded, xenophobic moron. Whether you are or not is a different question, but I'd stop if I were you, its really not a good look.
Weeping_Angel
Rep:
?
I get it now, you think you know everything so you don't need education, alright.

But that wouldn't stop the whole spread of the virus, it might have slowed it, but it wouldn't have stopped it. What about private air travel? What about boat travel? What about foreign delegates who have a very clear need to access other countries? And as I believe it can also be spread from animal to human, what about the meat market? Are you going to stop all import of meat from Italy, China etc..?
Your "thinking outside the box" isn't so much revolutionary thinking but rather just an inaccurate thought by an uneducated, willfully uneducated might I add, man.

Also the economic impact that the Italy quarantine will have is huge and so damaging to the country, we wouldn't want to put that into plan too early as you're suggesting.
You keep calling me “uneducated” perhaps you already know my level of education (and the subject) and would like to share it on this thread?

Private air travel is still air travel. Just because someone flies in on their own jet it doesn’t make them exempt from going through customs. Foreign delegates might be an exception. The meat market? How much of our meat actually comes from China? Not much is my guess given the state of their hygiene standards.

I wonder what the situation would be like if the shoes were on the other foot and it was the UK that had the first outbreak of coronavirus and it begun to spread around Europe. I wonder what the Chinese would do then. My guess is they wouldn’t just let everyone walk through airport security unchecked because it would cost an extra few renminbi to screen them.
Last edited by Weeping_Angel; 4 weeks ago
AnonymousNoMore
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You keep calling me “uneducated” perhaps you already know my level of education (and the subject) and would like to share it on this thread?

Private air travel is still air travel. Just because someone flies in on their own jet it doesn’t make them exempt from going through customs. Foreign delegates might be an exception. The meat market? How much of our meat actually comes from China? Not much is my guess given the state of their hygiene standards.

I wonder what the situation would be like if the shoes were on the other foot and it was the UK that had the first outbreak of coronavirus and it begun to spread around Europe. I wonder what the Chinese would do then. My guess is they wouldn’t just let everyone walk through airport security unchecked because it would cost an extra few renminbi to screen them.
I called you uneducated because you clearly stated you had no interest on taking a course, and getting educated, on infectious disease, the subject at hand.

Also it's not just meat from China, its meat from all over, as you said Italy for example are currently struggling with an outbreak so are france. All of this adds up and we would be in a shortage of certain products. And why are delegates an exemption? They are just as likely to contract and infect others, take Ted cruz for example.

And China tried to silence the outbreak by arresting people who spoke about it, I doubt they would close their country.
JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
re. Covid-19

How in the f*** did we go from "There's no need to stop flights, no need to quarantine people on arrival" to "We can't contain the virus it's too late". It's a f****** disgrace.
You've just realised? Welp I guess the reason things remain the same is because none of us want true change. Everybody goes about doing what they want and therefore no real progress can be made. Covid-19's spread is a reminder of how worthless humans are at working together. I mean all many of us are doing is stockpiling and worrying about the virus-we'd rather be timid and afraid instead of unbothered and determined.
Cryoraptor
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheStarboy)
He's starting to sound like my cringey rock phase 13 year old self
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (276)
15.52%
Uncertainty around my education (278)
15.64%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (177)
9.96%
Isolating with family (126)
7.09%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (79)
4.44%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (149)
8.38%
Loneliness (175)
9.84%
Financial worries (72)
4.05%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (162)
9.11%
Exposure to negative news/social media (126)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (158)
8.89%

Watched Threads