The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Have you ever been in a fight?

I guess this question pertains more to the guys than the girls but I'm just interested in whether during your school years / uni years / post-academic years you've ever been in a fight? Did you win or lose?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think I smacked someone once but that's it.

He was asking for it though.
Original post by Weeping_Angel
I guess this question pertains more to the guys than the girls but I'm just interested in whether during your school years / uni years / post-academic years you've ever been in a fight? Did you win or lose?

I am a guy and I've been in a fight, yes. It was during my 2nd year of A-Levels. Some context, it was one of them kids who thought they were the 'strongest'. As I've been trained in MMA I realise that I should never start fights. But this kid really wanted to fight me due to me telling him to "shut the **** up" over him disrupting the lesson. I didn't want to fight him, but his ego wouldn't allow him to 'lose' against me and thus we had a fight after school. The outcome was that I had broken his nose and he had to go to the hospital. Ever since then, he's not ever disrupted lessons again. So yeah, I did get into a fight but the guy deserved it.
Original post by Knortfoxx
'I would never start a fight' 'I arranged to have a fight with someone because I disliked their ego'. Do you see how maybe those are contradictory?

I never started the fight? He challenged me and wouldn't back down, and as a last resort I decided to fight him.
Original post by Anonymous
I am a guy and I've been in a fight, yes. It was during my 2nd year of A-Levels. Some context, it was one of them kids who thought they were the 'strongest'. As I've been trained in MMA I realise that I should never start fights. But this kid really wanted to fight me due to me telling him to "shut the **** up" over him disrupting the lesson. I didn't want to fight him, but his ego wouldn't allow him to 'lose' against me and thus we had a fight after school. The outcome was that I had broken his nose and he had to go to the hospital. Ever since then, he's not ever disrupted lessons again. So yeah, I did get into a fight but the guy deserved it.

Haha nice. It was always the best when you beat them and they never repeated the behaviour.
Yes, back in secondary school.

I'd always get away with it because no one ever thinks the quiet kid would do such a thing.
Meh a variety, maybe a dozen proper ones, took a serious kicking once, otherwise i've won or it's been one of those weird draws where both parties back away while shouting how lucky the other one is :rolleyes:

Most have been defending myself, a couple i've started. Generally a lot more chilled now that i'm older and bigger.
Original post by Weeping_Angel
Haha nice. It was always the best when you beat them and they never repeated the behaviour.

I know, it's the best feeling to experience.
Reply 8
Not really a 'fight', but four guys attacked me once. I didn't 'win', but I got away with a slightly swollen cheek, my phone, money and every single possession I'd had before they went for me, so I consider it a small victory.
Reply 9
The last serious fight I had was in like year 5. I was in a friend group, and one of the guys was swearing loads and literally telling people to stfu, so I snapped and threw him to the ground. Then he punched me in the face a few times. The kid clearly came from a worser, abusive background than me, so was used to these kinds of situations (sad, I know, but I didn't think at the time). I just started crying, even though the punches didn't faze me.

I still think about it sometimes and wish I handled the situation better, but I was only like 10.
I'm pleased to say that I have never been in a fight.
I was always a good talker lol.
I haven't started a fight before but I've gotten in one. Sometimes my lack of filter has gotten me into some questionable situations.
Never lost a fight yet in all my days because I can handle myself against anyone
Last person unfortunately got a broken wrist with way he landed on ground as tried to grab me but met his better match
Reply 13
Yes, excluding the fights with my brother I can remember 5 ...with even more near misses [situations where things almost came to blows]

I think it's weird tbh, if you are male and have reached adulthood and never been in a fight.

last time this topic came round there were so many dude's who never been in a fight before.......
Original post by Tracey1995
Never lost a fight yet in all my days because I can handle myself against anyone
Last person unfortunately got a broken wrist with way he landed on ground as tried to grab me but met his better match

You sound a tough cookie for a girl.
Remind me never to grab you lol.
Dont want to end up with a broken wrist.
Original post by MidgetFever
I haven't started a fight before but I've gotten in one. Sometimes my lack of filter has gotten me into some questionable situations.

Try CS:GO, lack of filter usually works to your advantage :rofl:
Once when I was in sixth form, there was this absolute tool of a guy who was a bit of a d*ck, and for no reason he slapped me on the head as he walked past me. I was having a bad day that day so I got up and laid into him. My mates had to hold me back. He came in next day with a black eye lol.

My sports teacher started calling me Rocky from that day forth :lol:
No, but I really want to. Looks thrilling and like the attention. Although without the pain, getting in trouble and having to stop being friendly with the other person
I've punched people before, been in 2 serious fights. The first one was against someone older than me and I lost, and the second one was a draw, partially because I was cold and wasn't warmed up and partially because others intervened and ended it. Like I said, I've one-hit people numerous times and I dropped a kid as well when I was 14. I've been in some near-fights as well.
no

Latest