nemoking
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
This year I intermitted in the second term but due to the fact that I had not attended teaching events I would have to start again from the first term. When I spoke to student finance at the time they told me to hang on to the second payment I received and use that when I go back to uni. However, I am considering withdrawing and asked whether I would have to immediately pay back the overpayment if I decided to withdraw. They informed me that if I intermitted after I received the payment this would just get added to my final loan amount that I would pay back as a regular student loan. My question is whether or not this is affected by the fact that I am required to start again from the first term, would it be the case that am counted as intermitting from when my application to intermit was confirmed (second term), or would it be counted as being from the start of the first term (for the purposes of the funding).

Second question, since I intermitted for personal reasons, I understand that I can reapply for a postgraduate loan and potentially receive full funding again. However, since I would need to withdraw from my current course before I did that, if the answer to the first question was that my intermission counted as being from the start of term, would I need to then immediately pay £7200 even if I was reapplying.
Last edited by nemoking; 3 weeks ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nemoking)
This year I intermitted in the second term but due to the fact that I had not attended teaching events I would have to start again from the first term. When I spoke to student finance at the time they told me to hang on to the second payment I received and use that when I go back to uni. However, I am considering withdrawing and asked whether I would have to immediately pay back the overpayment if I decided to withdraw. They informed me that if I intermitted after I received the payment this would just get added to my final loan amount that I would pay back as a regular student loan. My question is whether or not this is affected by the fact that I am required to start again from the first term, would it be the case that am counted as intermitting from when my application to intermit was confirmed (second term), or would it be counted as being from the start of the first term (for the purposes of the funding).

Second question, since I intermitted for personal reasons, I understand that I can reapply for a postgraduate loan and potentially receive full funding again. However, since I would need to withdraw from my current course before I did that, if the answer to the first question was that my intermission counted as being from the start of term, would I need to then immediately pay £7200 even if I was reapplying.
Sorry but I think you will have to ask sfe here as it looks as though it will fall within their discretion.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (243)
33.75%
No (477)
66.25%

Watched Threads