blitterflicker
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
There weren't enough characters to finish the question.
But I am currently studying an undergraduate in Psychology. and I want to do a MSc in Media Psychology with University of Salford after I graduate.

What experience is suitable that will allow me to gain some experience in media? As well as Psychology. Experience is very important, and I don't know anything about how to find places or what sort of places to contact, I am just a little lost with this. Please help me out, thanks.
hannahgeo123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
BBC offer a lot of work experience that is exclusively for over 18s, so it may be easier to get as you aren't competing with school age students. They also offer a range of areas so you can choose what would be most suitable for you. I think ITV and Sky have similar programmes and if you can get onto any of these it will give you great experience. If you don't mind me asking, what is media psychology!?
blitterflicker
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by hannahgeo123)
BBC offer a lot of work experience that is exclusively for over 18s, so it may be easier to get as you aren't competing with school age students. They also offer a range of areas so you can choose what would be most suitable for you. I think ITV and Sky have similar programmes and if you can get onto any of these it will give you great experience. If you don't mind me asking, what is media psychology!?
Thanks for your response. This was helpful.

"As one of the newest emerging branches of the dynamic psychology field, media psychology is focused on studying the intersections between human behavior and media technologies in our increasingly digital world. Since research shows that 90% of our daily communications are now screen-based through mobile technologies, psychology is expanding its reach to better understand the psychological impact of human interaction with technology across the globe at different societal levels."

https://www.bestpsychologydegrees.com/faq/what-is-media-psychology/
Last edited by blitterflicker; 10 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (29)
15.26%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (56)
29.47%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (75)
39.47%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.16%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.63%

Watched Threads