Revision notes- too much time??

Watch
greentree4
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows or could tell me how long we should be spending on making our revision notes/ flash cards for GCSE.
I’m on track for straight 9s and got all 9s in my mocks, but I find that I take AGES making my notes and actually revising them- like, it takes me about 2.5 hours to get through maybe 5 topics in a chapter in the textbook. Is this normal for everyone, or do I just suck at revising? Any advice would be appreciated xxx

learner38
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Why don’t u just find revision notes are cards online and learn them from there
greentree4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by learner38)
Why don’t u just find revision notes are cards online and learn them from there
I would, but I find making them much more effective as you retain more information by making them yourself - but at the end of the day if I don’t have enough time then I’ll have to search up other people’s stuff online
jrrj
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well, you shouldn't be taking that much time in making notes. At the end of the day, your exams are testing how well you can apply that knowledge so I suggest just just doing past paper questions, see what you got wrong, and write notes on them.
LMR127
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I find it easier to make flashcards online with websites like quizlet or tinycards. If you have time, type out your own questions/ answers and if not, copy and paste from the specification. There are websites that let you make digital flashcards and then print them too (kizzkizz?).
Exams2020123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jrrj)
Well, you shouldn't be taking that much time in making notes. At the end of the day, your exams are testing how well you can apply that knowledge so I suggest just just doing past paper questions, see what you got wrong, and write notes on them.
I had enough of making notes and i want to use the phyics and math tutor notes and do practice questions is that advisable for 6's and 7's.
jrrj
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Exams2020123)
I had enough of making notes and i want to use the phyics and math tutor notes and do practice questions is that advisable for 6's and 7's.
Yep, you'd want to get as much practice as you can. After a while, the questions do get repetitive and you'll instinctively know what to do for each question soon. Just remember to know what you got wrong so you won't do it next time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads