30 minute film

Watch
arismith
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have a project for my film class where I have to make a 30-minute film. Anyone got any ideas? If possible have it be only a few characters. Thanks!
H.J.K
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Here are some ideas

Often, the best short film ideas are those that are super-simple and shot in one location.
Take a look at these simple short movie ideas:
• A son sits down to dinner with his absentee father.
• A girl tries to decide whether or not to jump from a waterfall.
• A man struggles to record the perfect voicemail message.

If you develop short film ideas with one character, one location and a plot you can articulate in one sentence, then chances are you’re probably on the right track. They’re small snapshots of a person’s life—a single scene that’s loaded with conflict—and this is often the best way to make sure your short film ideas stay just that: short! Do your short ideas tend to focus on one moment, develop a little, and then end in roughly the same place? If so, you may need to try to come up with short film ideas with a twist.

Many of the best short film ideas are based on simple moments in a person’s life that ends with a twist, shocking the audience in some way. This isn’t to say all short film ideas should develop in this way, but it’s definitely worth considering in order to make it memorable.

I hope this helped.
H.J.K
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by arismith)
I have a project for my film class where I have to make a 30-minute film. Anyone got any ideas? If possible have it be only a few characters. Thanks!
You could also have a look at this to get some ideas.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...d.php?t=676527
Cyrix
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It starts in a small house or large preferably small and all the characters decide to Play a game things start going wrong people start arguing and overall everyone is know locking themselves in different rooms one by one they come out and forgive each other If you want make one not come out for a sequel (P.s I’m not really that good on ideas just make something about a massive argument and add some weird stuff in there)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (249)
15.66%
Uncertainty around my education (251)
15.79%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (158)
9.94%
Isolating with family (111)
6.98%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (65)
4.09%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (135)
8.49%
Loneliness (155)
9.75%
Financial worries (62)
3.9%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (147)
9.25%
Exposure to negative news/social media (116)
7.3%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (141)
8.87%

Watched Threads