Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Firstly I’m really scared for my gcse exams
Subjects I need help with is:
English language
Maths
I’m recently feeling really anxious as I think I’m going to do bad I haven’t really started revision yet
I’ve had few college interview and they need me to get grade 5 for maths and I really don’t know what to do I revised for my Mocks and still got grade 3 and I don’t where I’m doing wrong
Finally I really need help with revision for English language idk how to revise this subject
at all I want to improve my vocabulary so please help ya girl out.

CCUupcake123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don’t worry u can do this!
U can start now! So for maths do lots and lots of practice questions and past papers (trust me this will help) also some useful websites I used for practice purposes were corbettmaths, Khans academy and maths genie (I know they have this for alevel but just check if they also do gcse) and also use ur textbook for worked examples also if u don’t understand a topic use YouTube videos and see how they work through examples (biggest life saver!) just practice practice practice! Btw it’s never too late to start throughout year 10 and 11 I was struggling so bad with maths and was getting low 4’s but in my real exam I got an 8 using these methods! Trust me just keep practicing if u don’t understand something ask ur teacher

For English Lang I remember timing myself doing the creative writing section also I don’t know what exam board ur doing but I did aqa I’m pretty sure and they give extracts so to prepare for that u could just read random extracts and annotate them, also again just practice the papers but u don’t have to write out the whole answer all the time cos I know that can be quite longgg but u could plan ur answer structure and what u would write! Or even get ur teacher to mark it for u and ask for feedback that’s what they’re there for trust me their feedback will help a lot!

To start on revision u should maybe try a timetable for me timetables never worked and still don’t work I prefer checklists/to do lists there’s something satisfying about ticking things off. And just make sure ur getting enough hours in esp close to ur exam

U can do this dw!!!
Stressed2020
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you I really want to get 6/7 for English language
jrrj
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
For English Language, it really depends what exam board you're doing. If you do CCEA, I will be able help you. If you want to expand your vocab, try reading a few short books?

For maths, just keep doing textbook questions. If you got a questions wrong, make sure you know how you went wrong and to make it easier, write down every step so it would be easier to find where the mistake is. And don't be scared to ask your teacher!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (242)
33.8%
No (474)
66.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed