PGCE secondary art and design BURSARY

Watch
Rebeccarichards
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello everyone,
I will be accepting my offer to start my PGCE secondary art and design teacher training at university in September.
I am currently a BA Hons Fine art student (expected 2:1) and I work a part-time job alongside (25 hours).

I have been emailing with my university but they are very vague and take days to reply, so im thinking I will find some answers here.

I have been told this course offers a 9 grand bursary for their students. My questions are-

- Is this 9 grand dependent on your parents' household income, if so, what is the threshold to be entitled to this bursary?
- How do we actually apply for this bursary?
-Would working part-time through the PGCE and therefore earning an income cancel out the opportunity to this bursary?
- Is this bursary on top of the student loan we already get from student finance? For example, I get around £8,800 for my student loan, will I receive the £8,000 and £9,000 bursary?

Im trying to work out my finances for my PGCE ( accommodation, travel to schools, resources, bills, and food). I come from a working-class family and have always supported my self-financing through university, however, im really hoping I won't have to work through my PGCE and can put all my effort onto the course, however, that is only do-able if I have the bursary.

Thank you in advance for any answers
Last edited by Rebeccarichards; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (242)
33.85%
No (473)
66.15%

Watched Threads