The Student Room Group
Original post by Hawkclo
Hi guys.

I have a bit of a dilemma - I am in the first year at SOAS, but have decided I want to do Law. Does anyone know if the University of Law is looked down upon by law firms for the 2 year intensive or online LLB? I am interested in doing an intensive LLB so any recommendations would be so helpful

I wouldn't say it is "looked down upon" but SOAS is probably better regarded. Couldn't you begin a normal LLB there from September, or are you hoping to get away from the place?

A normal LLB would give you access to Law related activities that will help build up your CV - I don't know how that would work with an online LLB
Original post by Hawkclo
Hi guys.

I have a bit of a dilemma - I am in the first year at SOAS, but have decided I want to do Law. Does anyone know if the University of Law is looked down upon by law firms for the 2 year intensive or online LLB? I am interested in doing an intensive LLB so any recommendations would be so helpful

Hello Hawkclo,

I feel I can be of some assistance. I'm currently in my third year of the LLB at the University of Law, Guildford. I would by no means say that law firms look down upon us for our 2 year intensive course. You will still study the same modules, as that of the 3-year Course, its just condensed into 2 years.We are renowned for our LLB, being the UK's biggest provider and many lawyers having previously studied at Law. The additional employability tools available at Law is amazing, ULaw regularly holds employer fairs and you can attend employer talks so you can start building relationships with lawyers to enhance your step into the legal sector.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my degree, the content is super useful and relatable to the legal profession! I would recommened it!

Take a look at the website for my info on the 2 year accelarated course - https://www.law.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/law/accelerated-llb-hons-law/

I hope this has been helpful!

Tabby :smile:
(Student Rep)
Reply 3
I would avoid the university of law like the pest, if for whatever reason you fail a exam or have an urgent matter so that you cannot attend a exam, the next resit period will be the following year at the same time.

Usually at any other university you would be allowed to continue your course and take resits at the same time, or take a resit in the SAME YEAR. And the staff at the university are also incredibly unhelpful and completely disregard your situation as a student and how this affects you. In overall this is a bad university and they will just waste your time.

Latest

Trending

Trending