The stock market and coronavirus

Watch
David-Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Because of the covid-19 outbreak,stock prices have dramatically fallen. However, I do notice a pattern. Everyday, when the markets open, the price of a stock will vertically drop, then a few minutes later, it will peak and then continue falling. I attempted to take advantage of this today, but the markets opened earlier than expected. But the pattern that I predicted did happen.
So. could this be used as a short term strategy to make money?
Da14a
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
If you have enough trust in this trend you have analysed and you have some experience in day trading I would argue yes. However, nothing is ever guaranteed (unless you are pulling the strings (not even top analysts with connections are close to consistent)) and I would MUCH rather invest in more fixed, long term bonds and shares instead.
Da14a
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Da14a)
If you have enough trust in this trend you have analysed and you have some experience in day trading I would argue yes. However, nothing is ever guaranteed (unless you are pulling the strings (not even top analysts with connections are close to consistent)) and I would MUCH rather invest in more fixed, long term bonds and shares instead.
Forgive my ****ty grammar.
Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Stock market down again.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by David-Isaac)
Because of the covid-19 outbreak,stock prices have dramatically fallen. However, I do notice a pattern. Everyday, when the markets open, the price of a stock will vertically drop, then a few minutes later, it will peak and then continue falling. I attempted to take advantage of this today, but the markets opened earlier than expected. But the pattern that I predicted did happen.
Day traders don't make money. Fact.
David-Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Day traders don't make money. Fact.
Wait, you're telling me that you can trade at night?!
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Didn't happen today....
Da14a
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Sshhhh, don't let them know...
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Futures market.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Didnt happen today
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (21)
13.73%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (42)
27.45%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (63)
41.18%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.03%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.61%

Watched Threads