I get extremely uncomfortable when someone gets to close me

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I have this friend, and she is quite close to me and I mean we take the bus to school, we are in the same class, we come back home together, cause she lives close to me. We recently became friends (5 months ago) And I started to get frustrated because I've always been independent and I can talk to people but I do not like them being to close to me. I'm frustrated because i want space. So because it came to a point were I will not talk to her and I will make excuses saying "I have extra work to do" to avoid going home with her and she asked me if I was mad at her and I told her no and I explained to her the reason and she understood.
But the problem is that now I cant even look her in the eye and I cant even speak to. Even if I tried, I get this fury feeling at the pit of my stomach. Now I'm even more uncomfortable. This has happen before to my previous friend. Because of this we dont talk anymore and I didnt explaining anything to her. But I feel like am hurting her because she isn't sociable and she only knows me as a friend
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Communicate! By whatever means communicate. Until each of you understands the other's perspective this will end in tears (and repeat patterns). You seem to have identified your balance of sociability and space, your friend's balance is evidently different. Neither of you is wrong, but until you both clearly understand the mis-match there can be no happy resolution.
bayhouse1345
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
tell her shell understand if she is a true best freind
Chocolatecakexx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
yeah i agree like i love my friends but sometimes i need SPACE from humanity nu'un personal but...
leopard202
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Do you have intimacy anxiety maybe?

Is this physical or more uncomfortable about getting too close to someone's life or home?

Or simple not getting enough alone time?
Anonymous #3
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have this friend, and she is quite close to me and I mean we take the bus to school, we are in the same class, we come back home together, cause she lives close to me. We recently became friends (5 months ago) And I started to get frustrated because I've always been independent and I can talk to people but I do not like them being to close to me. I'm frustrated because i want space. So because it came to a point were I will not talk to her and I will make excuses saying "I have extra work to do" to avoid going home with her and she asked me if I was mad at her and I told her no and I explained to her the reason and she understood.
But the problem is that now I cant even look her in the eye and I cant even speak to. Even if I tried, I get this fury feeling at the pit of my stomach. Now I'm even more uncomfortable. This has happen before to my previous friend. Because of this we dont talk anymore and I didnt explaining anything to her. But I feel like am hurting her because she isn't sociable and she only knows me as a friend
I am really similar and I was recently diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. Do you think you have trust issues or fear of abandonment? These things are fixable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads