matisseruppert
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have an unconditional to study marketing from both but I really can't decide between the two.
I know that Lancaster is a better Uni by far (4th best in Uk vs NTU at 17th best for the course I want to do) But I can't help feeling like I'll feel isolated in Lancaster as there is not much to do and I'm used to the city life of London.
I feel like I'd be happier at NTU, but I feel like I should go to Lancaster due to how well renowned it is.
What are your experiences if you've been to either uni?
Thanks!
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
I made a similar choice between a much higher rated university and NTU. I chose NTU simply because I couldn’t see myself at that place for 3 years. I know you’ve got to way up your future etc but for my course, it didn’t make much difference. Do what is best for you. NTU seemed a better fit to me regardless of the rankings.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by matisseruppert)
I have an unconditional to study marketing from both but I really can't decide between the two.
I know that Lancaster is a better Uni by far (4th best in Uk vs NTU at 17th best for the course I want to do) But I can't help feeling like I'll feel isolated in Lancaster as there is not much to do and I'm used to the city life of London.
I feel like I'd be happier at NTU, but I feel like I should go to Lancaster due to how well renowned it is.
What are your experiences if you've been to either uni?
Thanks!
Hello,
I'm currently a student at Lancaster and I'm happy to answer any questions to help you to make your decision!
I'm from London as well and I think the city life in Lancaster is better in a lot of ways - it's way cheaper for a start. There's a lot less chains so you're able to eat and drink (and shop) and independent pubs and bars and restaurants. To the main nightclub in Lancaster (the SU one), it's student only making it very safe and there's also a free bus there and back all night, as well as there being a free bus to Sainsbury's on Wednesdays. I'd recommend living on campus in first year as it's easiest to settle in but living in town and commuting is great and very popular because you feel more integrated in the town community and your social life will switch from being on campus to being in town. Joining lots of societies is a great way to meet lots of people and have lots of events to go to. On campus there's a fair bit to do because societies and colleges are always hosting events. There's also great transport links to Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and other areas in the north-west so people often go for nights out or day trips to them - and colleges often run nights out and day trips too at reduced rates.
I hope this helps and let me know if you have anymore questions or anything I can help you with!
You can also use uni buddy to talk to current students on your course too: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/chat/
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (302)
34.28%
No (579)
65.72%

Watched Threads