Is Portsmouth a good university in terms of education and resources?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey all, I'm not sure whether to study at Portsmouth university or not, not sure how much I should be looking at the rankings but compared to other universities in the top 20 how would you compare Portsmouth to them? Does portsmouth exceed in certain subjects? And overall, what is the campus like as a whole, as well as the people?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey all, I'm not sure whether to study at Portsmouth university or not, not sure how much I should be looking at the rankings but compared to other universities in the top 20 how would you compare Portsmouth to them? Does portsmouth exceed in certain subjects? And overall, what is the campus like as a whole, as well as the people?
Hey,

I am a student at Portsmouth, I cannot compare the uni to other unis as I have only studied here but I can give you some info on the campus!

The university is in the city, with the buildings dotted around. However, they are all within a 15 minute walking distance of each other.
The university library is great, it covers 3 floors and has lots of books and computers to aid your studying.
The beach is just down the road which is nice to go to when the sun is shining!
What I like most about studying at Portsmouth is how close everything is, especially if staying in student halls in first year.
The town is less than a 10 minute walk away and there are clubs, pubs and bars around if you're interested in that and lots of nice places to eat too!

Everyone is really friendly, I'd highly recommend joining a society no matter what uni you join as its a great way to make friends and feel involved.

Hope this gives you a bit more information.
Feel free to look at league tables if you want an idea for subject specific rankings, but remember when picking a university you should go with what feels right for you and where you think you would feel comfortable living and studying
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Eloise - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads