BAE Systems 2020 Graduate Scheme

Watch
erichlkc
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hey, anyone on here who applied for the grad schemes, engineering or otherwise?
pj102
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yeah applied for the Operations/Manufacturing grad scheme. Haven't heard back after passing the video interview. wbu?
ln123456
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I applied for the environmental engineering scheme. I passed the tests two weeks ago, didn't get asked to do a video interview just told that my application is under review?
Last edited by ln123456; 3 months ago
erichlkc
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by pj102)
Yeah applied for the Operations/Manufacturing grad scheme. Haven't heard back after passing the video interview. wbu?
Same here, just heard back from HR saying that they're still processing the "Early Careers" applications and will come on to grads later on. Further delays expected due to COVID-19 as well. I applied for Airframe Engineering
erichlkc
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by ln123456)
I applied for the environmental engineering scheme. I passed the tests two weeks ago, didn't get asked to do a video interview just told that my application is under review?
Hmm.. I applied in October 2019 and passed the test in December, then passed the video interview in January.
Mblunn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Project Management
Am101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I passed the tests on 16 April. Since then all it's said is my application is under review. Not heard anything else yet!
mp2020
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
has anyone had an update for the graduate scheme? my interview for Commercial got cancelled at the start of the lockdown. Ive been emailing every 2 weeks/ month or so. They are just sending the same automated response from 3 months ago! They said they would be in touch in the first email within a few days (which never happened) to sort out alternative arrangements and this still hasnt happened
erichlkc
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by mp2020)
has anyone had an update for the graduate scheme? my interview for Commercial got cancelled at the start of the lockdown. Ive been emailing every 2 weeks/ month or so. They are just sending the same automated response from 3 months ago! They said they would be in touch in the first email within a few days (which never happened) to sort out alternative arrangements and this still hasnt happened
yep definitely uncertain times at the moment.. did u actually have an arranged date for the interview before they cancelled, or was there no date set yet?

in my case, i passed the online video interview stage and was awaiting the face-to-face interview since march, this is the reply i get after following up:

"At the moment we are still continuing with early careers recruitment for 2020/21 starts. We are however responding to the changing nature of the Covid-19 outbreak and we are having to make certain changes in the process as this develops such we are looking to utilise more technology as we are able.

We will be in contact with individual arrangements as these are confirmed, unfortunately we do not have any timescales at the moment."

cheers
2020grad
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey!

I had my final interview back in March! Has anyone heard back after having their interview ?
erichlkc
Rep:
?
Not yet! When did you have your interview and what stream are you going for?
mp2020
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
that is word for word what I got sent :confused:! I had a date for two days before lockdown but then it got cancelled. So no work minus the automated response since then. They are still taking on graduates this year as it says on the website & also know a few people at BAE so this has been confirmed. They said they would be doing Skype interviews online on their website but I have no clue what’s going on now! Did you apply for commercial also?
cheers
erichlkc
Rep:
?
(Original post by mp2020)
that is word for word what I got sent :confused:! I had a date for two days before lockdown but then it got cancelled. So no work minus the automated response since then. They are still taking on graduates this year as it says on the website & also know a few people at BAE so this has been confirmed. They said they would be doing Skype interviews online on their website but I have no clue what’s going on now! Did you apply for commercial also?
cheers
i applied for airframe design engineer, based up in warton/salmesbury. they're probably applying the same procedures across all sites, whereabouts is your role based at?
Btd99
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey I applied in February for an early careers apprenticeship and have got an video type interview on hirevue anyone know what questions they ask?
erichlkc
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
hey thats interesting! did they just progress your application the next stage this week?

as for questions, i've only done the hirevue video interview for the graduate scheme and i was asked 5 questions. from what i can recall, they were along the lines of:

1. Tell me about a time where you had to resolve a team disagreement problem.
2. How did you find out about our company and what does BAE systems do?
3. Tell me about a time where you had to lead a team.
4. How do you keep up to date with current news.
5. What do you enjoy to do in your spare time?

Disclaimer: These are not in the exact order as in the interview and the statements/question aren't word for word.
Btd99
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, yes they progressed it on Friday to do the interview this week and thanks for the questions! 😌
2020grad
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by erichlkc)
Not yet! When did you have your interview and what stream are you going for?
20th March
Quality stream
erichlkc
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2020grad)
20th March
Quality stream
Nice! Was it held at the Salmesbury site? And any word since then?
mp2020
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
All BAE graduates schemes have been pushed back until January for start dates, Irrelevant of when we applied! We haven’t been told this yet but the union has confirmed it to BAE staff
erichlkc
Rep:
?
oh interesting.. do you think that means anyone who applied in the previous year/cycle will be automatically brought forward to the january 2021 intake?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (34)
8.21%
Confident (55)
13.29%
Indifferent (58)
14.01%
Unsure (106)
25.6%
Worried (161)
38.89%

Watched Threads