The Student Room Group

BAE Systems 2020 Graduate Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by adam123123
How long did it take for a reply after you had passed the online tests?

When did you apply? I applied on 4th July and still heard nothing after passing tests.
Reply 41
I passed all the tests on 6th July, still nothing. Which scheme did you apply for ?
I passed all the tests last November and still not had a phone interview 😂. I wouldn't worry
Reply 43
Original post by rumebd
I passed all the tests on 6th July, still nothing. Which scheme did you apply for ?

The Humam Resources Graduate scheme, what about you?
Reply 44
Original post by bex_a
The Humam Resources Graduate scheme, what about you?

Business development
Reply 45
Original post by bex_a
Hi, I applied and passed the tests on 4th July, my application still says “under review” when I log on to my account and I haven’t heard anything since the day I applied. It’s been just over 2 weeks, so does this likely mean I’ve been unsuccessful? Has anyone applied at the start of July and had a response? Or is anyone else in a similar position? Thanks :smile:

You still have every chance , I applied in October and passed everything in January and still not heard anything so I wouldn’t be worried
Reply 46
Original post by mp2020
You still have every chance , I applied in October and passed everything in January and still not heard anything so I wouldn’t be worried

what does your job application status says? Under review or under consideration. i heard that one is different from other. Not sure about it though
Original post by rumebd
what does your job application status says? Under review or under consideration. i heard that one is different from other. Not sure about it though

Spoiler

Reply 48
Original post by awaisijaz

Spoiler

i am not sure tbh, it feels same to me but i read somewhere that under consideration means short listed
Original post by rumebd
i am not sure tbh, it feels same to me but i read somewhere that under consideration means short listed

Hopefully, fingers crossed
I applied for the Commercial Graduate Scheme In February, passed all the tests and have not heard anything since. I did ring HR and they said that they’ll be sending out emails “soon” inviting to online questions. I presume that meant an online interview? They didn’t however say whether the intake would still be in September but again, I’m presuming it would be pushed back until Jan 21 if successful.
Just received an email from BAE.

BAE Systems are continuing to consider the implications of COVID-19 and what changes are necessary for our long term working practices. As a result of this we would like to reassure you that we are still considering your application for our Graduate Scheme.

We are still reviewing our potential intakes for January, June and September 2021 and to work with our business units what the demand will be and look like. Although we cannot give you an exact update on your application we just wanted to keep in contact.

If you still wish to be considered for a role with BAE Systems then you do not need to do anything.
Reply 52
Anyone else have an interview last week? How did you think they went?
Reply 53
Original post by mp2020
Anyone else have an interview last week? How did you think they went?

i've got a telephone interview this week! was your's over the phone as well? what kind of questions did u get?
Reply 54
Original post by erichlkc
i've got a telephone interview this week! was your's over the phone as well? what kind of questions did u get?

Yes it was, what are you applying for? The first half is competency based and the second half is all technical all I can say is be very prepared for the technical!! I can’t remember that many but one was like how do you respond to change , another was like is it right to challenge someone who is wrong , another was about a recent achievement you’re proud about
Reply 55
Original post by mp2020
Yes it was, what are you applying for? The first half is competency based and the second half is all technical all I can say is be very prepared for the technical!! I can’t remember that many but one was like how do you respond to change , another was like is it right to challenge someone who is wrong , another was about a recent achievement you’re proud about

i applied for the airframe design engineer grad role.. what did u apply for? do you remember much from the technical part by the way? i've heard someone get asked "which parts of the aircraft are serviced the most".
did you get a email like the one from my previous post? i havent received any sort of phone call?
Reply 57
Hi awaisijaz, I think the questions they got asked are similar to what you answered via video interview in Hirevue.I got the same email as you did.My case has been the following:Applied in a October last yearPassed tests and video interviewGot invited to interview on siteInterview cancelled due to COVIDNo real update ever since, maybe one email every 1.5 months saying they are still assessing the situation.Regards!
Original post by oxtake
Hi awaisijaz, I think the questions they got asked are similar to what you answered via video interview in Hirevue.I got the same email as you did.My case has been the following:Applied in a October last yearPassed tests and video interviewGot invited to interview on siteInterview cancelled due to COVIDNo real update ever since, maybe one email every 1.5 months saying they are still assessing the situation.Regards!

thanks for the update
I got an email yesterday from BAE yesterday, which was an update stating that they're still reviewing my application. This is the first communication I have had from them since Feb. (I haven't had an interview yet). I am hoping that i'll at least get the opportunity to be interviewed.

Quick Reply

Latest