The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
TSRreader
I want to show that China is more of an attractive business partner to the global business community than India.

In Manufacturing yes, but not services and pharmaceuticals/biotechnology.
I don't think an economy which relies on calling me every 10 minutes trying to sell phone insurance will become that powerful.
Reply 82
sohanshah
What The ****!!!!!

Are you ******ed!?!?!?!?!

I mean Brazil has ****holes everywhere for people to live in. It doesn't have gas pipelines or even electricity in some places. Crime is higher than Cuba and the Drug business is higher than Everest, originally owned by India.

But brazil has overseas investment, and according to economists IS just like china 20 years ago.

Also, last time i checked india wasn't different to how you described brazil.
TSRreader
I want to show that China is more of an attractive business partner to the global business community than India.

How can you say that definitely? Any proof - let me answer that for you - NO.

China may be cheaper for some things such as manufacture but I don't see any banks or National Companies wanting to set up camp there.
Reply 84
sohanshah
Yes infact I do.
I also see India's economy revelling recently.

How does India's economic growth mean China's economic demise?

And do you any source where a respected economist commented Chinese economy being heavily hit due to US recession?
Bateman
But brazil has overseas investment, and according to economists IS just like china 20 years ago.

Have you ever been either country? NO

I go to India every other year. My city, in gujarat, actually looked better than Clagary, which I went to only 4 weeks ago. I hasten to add, if wuestioned, people are much more likely to go to India if they had to live somewhere.
Reply 86
More of a question from where I'm sitting is 'can China develop this economic growth sustainably?'

There will be a time when China reaches its peak for its population and suddenly very poor choices and decisions made by people today will mean that they're economy and welfare is greatly greatly reduced. It will end up being like Russia where some people are very very rich, and yet millions live in poverty
How does India's economic growth mean China's economic demise?

That's not quite what I said.

And do you any source where a respected economist commented Chinese economy being heavily hit due to US recession?

No, Its called an exaggeration.
Reply 88
lol, i don't know anyone (apart from indians) who'd choose to live in india over china.

And also, all banks have "set up camp" in china, they did 10 years ago.
Reply 89
Bateman
lol, i don't know anyone (apart from indians) who'd choose to live in india over china.

I would and i'm not Indian.
Reply 90
Bateman

There's far greater foreign direct investment into India than Brazil. Furthermore, India has a lower unemployment rate, far larger economy and a faster growth rate.
Reply 91
Alexii
I would and i'm not Indian.

:ditto:

I can't imagine many people who would like to live in China*.

*not including Hong Kong.
Reply 92
Bateman

And also, all banks have "set up camp" in china, they did 10 years ago.

Yeah..you would really want to live in a country with no freedom of speech or human rights..good luck.
:ditto:

I can't imagine many people who would like to live in China*.

*not including Hong Kong.

You deserve rep and so you shall get tomorrow. Please do remind me.
IITian
You seem to be making a statement, rather than giving credible factors.

and your point is.....
Reply 95
IITian
Yeah..you would really want to live in a country with no freedom of speech or human rights..good luck.

He has this fantasy about an Iranian-Chinese alliance versus the rest of the world. That's why he chats the crap he does.
im not chinese or indian btw. But i prefer china (hong kong) <----part of china isnt it? over India, its more to do with personal preferences because i prefer the chinese culture more.
Reply 97
He has this fantasy about an Iranian-Chinese alliance versus the rest of the world. That's why he chats the crap he does.

Too bad Iran isn't Saudi Arabia..:rolleyes:, and I think Iran has already committed to a huge (2000 km or something) gas pipeline project with India.
Reply 98
tokyorose888
im not chinese or indian btw. But i prefer china (hong kong) <----part of china isnt it? over India, its more to do with personal preferences because i prefer the chinese culture more.

That would be because you are east asian...
Reply 99
sohanshah
How can you say that definitely? Any proof - let me answer that for you - NO.

China may be cheaper for some things such as manufacture but I don't see any banks or National Companies wanting to set up camp there.

China is reputed for a stable economy, the only country in East Asia that was not hurt by Asian Financial Crisis. China also have a stabilised currency. China have a more stable political government thus policies don't change abruptly. There are many things within the China's economy that attracts investors over its neigbhours.

I gave a logic proof. Business cost-benefit analysis would compel business to give up China for India if ceteris paribus. But there are many international companies established in China. That means there are certain incentives that drives business to take up the extra cost accrued in China. (such as translation) So it's reasonable to conclude China seems more attractive to business than India.

Latest

Trending

Trending