The Student Room Group

Cash-In codes?!!

Hi,
I'm an IGCSE student and recently took BIOLOGY IAL and examined Unit 1 AS in Jan 2020, the result came out and I'm thinking of resitting the exam in May/June. I've already registered and payed for Unit 2 and 3 of AS and added the cash-in code and entered my UCI before the Jan 2020 results came out. Now I want to register for Unit 1 again, should I enter the cash-in code again when registering or no.
Reply 1
I'm a little confused as to whether you are taking IGCSE or AS but..

If you are completing a modular qualification (whether for the first time or because you are re-sitting one of the units) and want an overall grade then you need to submit the cash-in code.
Reply 2
The Situation is that I examined Biology AS Unit 1 in January 2020. I have registered and paid Units 2 and 3 and added the cash-in code before my January 2020 results came out. Now I want to resit Unit 1 and while registering do I have to add the cash-in code again? (I'm a little bit confused on your answer)
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
A cash in code is just a request to the exam board to say that you have completed all the units required for a qualification and you would like them to award you a grade based on those units.

You have already cashed-in AS Biology for the Summer. You can only get one overall grade so there is no need to do it again. Your grade will be based on your better attempt at Unit 1 and your Units 2 and 3.
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
A cash in code is just a request to the exam board to say that you have completed all the units required for a qualification and you would like them to award you a grade based on those units.

You have already cashed-in AS Biology for the Summer. You can only get one overall grade so there is no need to do it again. Your grade will be based on your better attempt at Unit 1 and your Units 2 and 3.

Okay, Thank you very much!!. I really appreciate your help!!

Quick Reply

Latest