Moved up to higher maths is it too late?

Watch
Oceaneyess
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I got moved up to higher maths in February and have been struggling self teaching all of higher maths to myself. My school won't help me one bit. I really want a 6 in maths but at this point I feel hopeless. Should I bother with higher maths or get a 5 in maths? I need a 6 to do bio/chem for a levels. Would really appreciate your advice
luwatunji
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I honestly think that you should stick with higher maths, especially if you want to do bio/chem for a levels. Is your school arranging any maths enrichment and there are lots of resources online that can help you.
Such as :
youtubers
- Primrose Kitten
- Khan Academy
- UK maths teacher
Websites
- BBC bitesize
- Seneca
-Get Revising
- Mathswatch (normally schools give you logins)
- Mymaths (normally schools give you logins)
- Physics and Maths tutor
Also, maybe you should consider getting a tutor or a friend in a higher set in maths to help you. I also suggest staying after school to speak to your maths teachers

Hope this could help, don't worry. I know that you'll do great xoxo
Last edited by luwatunji; 10 months ago
Oceaneyess
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by luwatunji)
I honestly think that you should stick with higher maths, especially if you want to do bio/chem for a levels. Is your school arranging any maths enrichment and there are lots of resources online that can help you.
Such as :
youtubers
- Primrose Kitten
- Khan Academy
- UK maths teacher
Websites
- BBC bitesize
- Seneca
-Get Revising
- Mathswatch (normally schools give you logins)
- Mymaths (normally schools give you logins)
- Physics and Maths tutor
Also, maybe you should consider getting a tutor or a friend in a higher set in maths to help you. I also suggest staying after school to speak to your maths teachers

Hope this could help, don't worry. I know that you'll do great xoxo
OMG... thank you SO much for all this advice and helpppp I really appreciate it I haven't heard of some of the websites in your list so I'll check them out tonight. My school has intervention but its an invite only kinda thing and they think I "don't need help" so I am not allowed to go. My schools AMAZING head of maths said he will print me out a topic list bc thats going to help me a lot isn't it! hahah. My school is just a mess so now I will just rely on these websites and working hard while trying to balance other subjects bc I just really want at LEAST a 6 Thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (308)
55.8%
I don't have everything I need (244)
44.2%

Watched Threads