The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

spiffing.
Hannah_x
I started reciting then . . . I hate myself.
x

You may not have tweed in your wardrobe, but, I've decided, you're cool. :yep:
Reply 102
I forgot to mention that a necessary condition for one to be posh is that he must have a posh surname. Since one cannot change his surname as he likes, this condtion limits the amount of posh people. There can be too many people who are rich and well behaved, but they are still not posh provided they dont have a kighthood or a posh surname. This should complete my criteria judging for posh or not. full stop.
Reply 103
What about dress sense? Are there any particular clothes that you'd associate with poshness?
Afton Lawson
Lots of people think I am quite "posh", becuase my father has a lot of money and I am quite talented and intelligent. But being from america they can't tell from my accent whether I am "posh" or not. I think it goes more on whether or not you have good taste in posessions rather than tacky taste. I s'pose there might be two meanings of posh, the first going on your income and the second going on how cultured and how well spoken you are. But i think sometimes they merge into one because people with a lot of money are generally well spoken have good taste and are culturesd because they can afford it. It did take me a long time to work this out it is significcantly different in America.

And very modest.

Latest

Trending

Trending