Tell me a good book in this category

Watch this thread
liaente
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've been searching for a long time on classical books (originally written in English) with the particular themes alongside morality, temptation, corruption, etc with no real success. I'd love to hear your recommendations, would be a great help! Google doesn't always deal with the specifics. xx
Umaymah1234
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Les Miserables?
Umaymah1234
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Umaymah1234)
Les Miserables?
well its originally written in french...
Umaymah1234
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by liaente)
I've been searching for a long time on classical books (originally written in English) with the particular themes alongside morality, temptation, corruption, etc with no real success. I'd love to hear your recommendations, would be a great help! Google doesn't always deal with the specifics. xx
Macbeth!
username4648086
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Umaymah1234)
Macbeth!
I thought Macbeth was a Shakespearean play?
karelina
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Morality: Crime and Punishment, Jane Eyre, Of mice and men, To kill a Mockingbird, Macbeth (play), Frankenstein
Corruption: The Picture of Dorian Grey (read this one!), The Seagull (play)
Temptation: Dracula (Jonathan Harker being seduced by the brides of Dracula), The Bible (Eve tempted to eat the forbidden fruit, Jesus' temptations)
Umaymah1234
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lyer_in_hellfyre)
I thought Macbeth was a Shakespearean play?
it is but it fits the description
Umaymah1234
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
jane eyre is good, its also about feminism, im doing it for gcse
esralled
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Paradise Lost by John Milton is fantastic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (67)
65.69%
No (26)
25.49%
I didn't use it to prepare (9)
8.82%

Watched Threads