The Student Room Group

LLM Human Rights Law

Hello,
I have recently been given offers from both York and Nottingham for Masters, but I’m torn as to which is better for me.

Is there anything anyone knows about the universities (Bristol had its suicide coverage, Warwick the rape case) as a former/current student that would help with how it is to be a student there as a reality?
Original post by LS1998
Hello,
I have recently been given offers from both York and Nottingham for Masters, but I’m torn as to which is better for me.

Is there anything anyone knows about the universities (Bristol had its suicide coverage, Warwick the rape case) as a former/current student that would help with how it is to be a student there as a reality?

Hey! I've also applied to Nottingham for this LLM - although only recently. How long did it take for them to get back to you?

I researched a lot into the things the university courses offered, and the only reason I didn't apply to York in the end (I applied to Leeds instead) was because the course is so much more focused on a practical application and I'm still more interested in theoretical learning. I think York and Nottingham both have a reputation for being on the quieter side as far as Uni's go but I may be wrong. I have friends who did their undergrads at both, and they really enjoyed the Uni atmosphere. I think at this point it more depends on what you are wanting to get out of the course, rather than which place is better! They both offer different albeit fantastic opportunities and guidance.

Let me know which you pick!
Reply 2
It took Nottingham 8+ weeks to get back to me, on account of an “oversubscribed course” when I emailed them to ask about my application.
York gave me an offer within 3 weeks of me sending off an application, so it can really vary in time.

I’ve chosen York on the basis that it is the nearest to home for me and we have had some family circumstances which I want to be in close proximity for.
I was torn between the two academic wise though.

Best of Luck with Nottingham.

Original post by ZenabKhan97
Hey! I've also applied to Nottingham for this LLM - although only recently. How long did it take for them to get back to you?

I researched a lot into the things the university courses offered, and the only reason I didn't apply to York in the end (I applied to Leeds instead) was because the course is so much more focused on a practical application and I'm still more interested in theoretical learning. I think York and Nottingham both have a reputation for being on the quieter side as far as Uni's go but I may be wrong. I have friends who did their undergrads at both, and they really enjoyed the Uni atmosphere. I think at this point it more depends on what you are wanting to get out of the course, rather than which place is better! They both offer different albeit fantastic opportunities and guidance.

Let me know which you pick!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending