Will you fail gcses if you fail mocks

Watch
Jimmerm78
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
All my teachers say I’ll fail gcse if I don’t pass them in my mocks like say I got a 3 in geography will I be doomed? Is this statement true, anyone improved their gcse results significantly from mocks as in like 5 things I’m probs going to get 3s even tho I revise
l2bunny
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
i got a 1 in gcses mock but in the actual gcse i got a 6.All i did was actually revise this time
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You've got an extra few months so if you do revise (and revise properly) then obviously your grades can improve between now and the exams in the summer
SeverusESnape
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Jimmerm78)
All my teachers say I’ll fail gcse if I don’t pass them in my mocks like say I got a 3 in geography will I be doomed? Is this statement true, anyone improved their gcse results significantly from mocks as in like 5 things I’m probs going to get 3s even tho I revise
That's not true. I failed in my math gcse mocks. But I got a 9 in my actual gcses
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Jimmerm78)
Doing very badly in mocks can be a real impetus to get your finger out and do some work. For a lot of students, it's just what is required, at the right time. If you do shockingly badly in mocks, then it is a bit of a worry - you can't really just set aside a particularly bad grade as 'not representative', particularly if these poor grades are replicated across subjects.
Wedgwood
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Revise but don’t revise too much. Give yourself some space between revision still go out and do things. I was predicted 2s and got passes
Sean2202
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I went up by 3 grades in some of my subjects. Your teachers are spreading b.s.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (438)
56.3%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.7%

Watched Threads