The Student Room Group

LSE/UCL V Bristol/Notts

Have offers for all of the above for Bsc Economics. Don't want to go to a uni filled with classes of 90% nerdy international students/asians and feel like bristol/notts may be a better cultural fit. Also the sports/societies look much better at notts/Bristol and the cost of London is off putting. But the prestige/global reputation of the London unis makes me feel like i may regret this decision later on in my career. Especially as I am dead set on investment banking or management consulting. Opinions?
One thing I wish I knew was that sometimes it’s better to do an apprenticeship so at least you are getting work AND education. University isn’t for everyone so maybe consider that? People value work experience over education nowadays so I don’t think you will necessarily regret it. Did this opinion help? ☺️
Original post by BritMegafundPE
Have offers for all of the above for Bsc Economics. Don't want to go to a uni filled with classes of 90% nerdy international students/asians and feel like bristol/notts may be a better cultural fit. Also the sports/societies look much better at notts/Bristol and the cost of London is off putting. But the prestige/global reputation of the London unis makes me feel like i may regret this decision later on in my career. Especially as I am dead set on investment banking or management consulting. Opinions?

For IB both Bristol and Notts will be fine if yu are proactive about it (you seem so), but for Management Consulting (MBB level) the targets usually are Oxbridge, Imperial/UCL/LSE. So just consider that. I think that you are in a good spot and making the good considerations. I wasn't specifically interested in Management Consulting thus didn't take my offer at one of the arguably better London unis for a Uni outside London.
Original post by InternConsumer
If one didn't attend an MBB target, but had a Top BB/EB summer internship, would you have a decent shot at MBB full time?

You'd get interviews but the academic bar is also higher - ie strong first, and they surely would take 1-2 people max for that year from your school so you may end up competiting with people from your school that have similar profiles
Great. Do you know whether the A-level grade requirements for MBB are A*AA or A*A*A or something else. Heard conflicting information.

No clue sorry.
Great. Do you know whether the A-level grade requirements for MBB are A*AA or A*A*A or something else. Heard conflicting information.

Don't think employers will care about this A-level cohort's A-level grades since they'll be based off of bs teacher judgements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending