Two critically endangered white Giraffes killed in Kenya

Watch
Ragman75
Badges: 15
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MidgetFever)
I mean, whether they were endangered or a 'rare' variation adds no substance to the argument at all.
The point still stands that it shouldn't have been done.
No it really does at substance, endangered species and rare variation are two different things morally. If a species is killed that's it is gone forever whereas other members of the species most likely will have the genes to produce another rare variation. But more importantly than that the only value a rare variation like being white has is that it looks superficially better to us, being white wont add anything to the species; infact one could argue you should kill the animal as being white and standing out so much is detriment to the individuals. Whereas the value of a species, even an endangered one, is that it will fill a specific role in the eco system that if it goes extinct will be felt by all other animals in that eco system. You are comparing apples to oranges to defend a indefensible point. And before you say it, the point was not about any animals being killed OP was making the point that it was bad that these animals specifically where killed because they where superficially different to the rest of their species.
Last edited by Ragman75; 1 week ago
Advertisement
Ragman75
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MidgetFever)
I mean, whether they were endangered or a 'rare' variation adds no substance to the argument at all.
The point still stands that it shouldn't have been done.
Also what do you make of OP clearly being a hypocrite, he called someone else ill informed yet the the key aspect of the premise he made for this thread is wrong. Dont you think that makes him a hypocrite.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Ragman75)
" ill informed" You absolute hypocrite you literally titled this thread "critically endangered white Giraffes" when you can do one google search and find they are normal giraffes with a genetic variation and so are not endangered at all. And because i know you are ill informed, endangered is a term for a species not rare genetic variations so don't try and claim that because they are rare they where still endangered.

MidgetFever You still going to defend this guy after this obvious hypocrisy?
Because thats the title of the article dear :rofl:
Advertisement
Napp
Rep:
?
I said you are ill informed and a hypocrite, didnt say anything about the title of the article, can you read english at all?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Alas, i've gotten bored with your trolling. I think i'll just report you and be done with it.
Ta ta
Ragman75
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
Because thats the title of the article dear :rofl:
maybe next time try doing the 5 mins of research it takes to actually get informed
Advertisement
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by seanbean90)
Billions of animals being made to suffer and killed each year by the meat industry shouldn't be done but that doesn't stop you from funding that you hypocrite.
I don't 'fund' the meat industry any more.
We've been through this. :rolleyes:
Napp
Rep:
?
maybe next time try doing the 5 mins of research it takes to actually get informed
:rofl:
Advertisement
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Napp)
Are you trying to accuse me of err 'animal racism'? :rofl:
I'm saying that you wouldn't have made this thread if the animals didn't have this condition that produces a superficial change in them that does not make the loss of their lives any more or less of a tragedy, which unless you have selective illiteracy you probably already knew.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
I'm saying that you wouldn't have made this thread if the animals didn't have this condition that produces a superficial change in them that does not make the loss of their lives any more or less of a tragedy,
So in other words you know absolutely nothing about me and you just felt like going off on some odd little rant?
which unless you have selective illiteracy you probably already knew.
No, i just know you havent a clue what you're on about and instead feel like pushing some devious ideaology.
Advertisement
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Napp)
So in other words you know absolutely nothing about me and you just felt like going off on some odd little rant?
I know that you wouldn't for instance think that if someone with a comparable condition to leucisism that occurs in humans - let's say albinism - were to be shot and killed like these two giraffes were, that the perpetrator of that killing should face a harsher sentence, or that the case would deserve greater media attention, than if the person who was killed had normal pigmentation.
Or are you going to say that you would, rather than admit you actually agree with what I've been saying?

Also, I can tell you are from the Cathy Newman school of discourse with this disenguous
(Original post by Napp)
So in other words you ....
(Original post by Napp)
Are you trying to accuse ....
tactic you keep using. You're not fooling anyone into thinking there's any truth into the allegations you're making. Just as your idol failed to achieve that in her famous car crash interview.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
I know that you're not as much of - and you'll have to excuse me here because I am not certain of what the politically correct term is at this present point in history - an idiot, as you are making yourself look.
I know that you wouldn't for instance think that if someone with a comparable condition to leucisism that occurs in humans - let's say albinism - were to be shot and killed like these two giraffes were, that the perpetrator of that killing should face a harsher sentence, or that the case would deserve greater media attention, than if the person who was killed had normal pigmentation.
Or are you going to say that you would, rather than man up and admit you actually agree with what I've been saying? Go on, I dare you to say you would. I could use a laugh.
Okay dear :rofl:

Also, I can tell you are from the Cathy Newman school of discourse with this disenguous

tactic you keep using. You're not fooling anyone into thinking there's any truth into the allegations you're making. Just as your idol failed to achieve that in her famous car crash interview.[/quote]
What are you babbling on about? :lol:
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (42)
60%
No (28)
40%

Watched Threads