The Student Room Group

Sign petition to Cancel going to school/uni/college for Corona virus

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SweetSexySavage
No I'm not saying that, other countries are far more serious hence they are taking such measures

They are far more serious because they tend to wait too long before doing anything, which appears to be the exact same way the UK is going.
Original post by Treetop321
They are far more serious because they tend to wait too long before doing anything, which appears to be the exact same way the UK is going.

The UK is taking reasonable steps to control the outbreak, there is no need to jump the gun and isolate everyone by closing off the education sector.
Original post by sam72016
Don't want to ruin the party but the virus really isn't that severe in the UK, I know you're getting everyone to sign this so we get days off school.

Are you stupid? The virus isn't severe in the UK?
What do you define 'severe' by exactly?
Original post by SweetSexySavage
The UK is taking reasonable steps to control the outbreak, there is no need to jump the gun and isolate everyone by closing off the education sector.

What reasonable steps do you speak of? Washing your hands?
They're not even screening people at airports...
Original post by coronavirus1
What reasonable steps do you speak of? Washing your hands?
They're not even screening people at airports...

Poland has 2 cases ONLY 2 and they closed schools. UK has 500 and probably 1000 next week and yet nothing.
Even closing schools for 2 weeks will reduce the spread.
(edited 4 years ago)
The UK death toll has hit an absolutely whopping 8 (elderly) people. Close down every single school, college and university in the UK. I'm guessing you didn't get into uni and you're a bit salty. The virus doesn't even have a lethal effect on people who are of school/college age.

People of school age have families consisting of people of a variety of ages ranging from elderly to babies. Elderly people have weaker immune systems and some YOUNG people have compromised immune systems yet your myopic view fails to realise this. Smh, I cant teach a fish.
The UK death toll has hit an absolutely whopping 8 (elderly) people. Close down every single school, college and university in the UK. I'm guessing you didn't get into uni and you're a bit salty. The virus doesn't even have a lethal effect on people who are of school/college age.

Why mention they are elderly? Do elderly people have a lower importance? One of the reasons for closing schools is to reduce the spread. Children and young people can still catch the virus without knowing about it so they can easily spread it those that are a greater risk.
Closing schools is not very practical.
Because A- if schools close, parents will have to take time off to look after them. So not only will you have people who are infected taking days off but also healthy adults taking days off to look after their kids. That is going to wreck the workforce and the economy more than it already is.
And B- most teenagers that want to close schools don’t actually care about the spreading of the Coronavirus( ok I am generalising but it is fairly true for the majority) but rather want school to close so they can go hang out with their friends etc so they’ll still be outside moving around. And that isn’t any better than being in school
Reply 28
Why closing schools may be a bad idea, however serious it gets:

https://youtu.be/cZFhjMQrVts?t=570
People of school age have families consisting of people of a variety of ages ranging from elderly to babies. Elderly people have weaker immune systems and some YOUNG people have compromised immune systems yet your myopic view fails to realise this. Smh, I cant teach a fish.

I still don't get how people forget that the elderly and people with compromised immune systems matter.
Original post by Treetop321
Why mention they are elderly? Do elderly people have a lower importance? One of the reasons for closing schools is to reduce the spread. Children and young people can still catch the virus without knowing about it so they can easily spread it those that are a greater risk.

EXACTLY! Some people on TSR have such limited thinking abilities it baffles me.
Original post by Student+
Because A- if schools close, parents will have to take time off to look after them. So not only will you have people who are infected taking days off but also healthy adults taking days off to look after their kids. That is going to wreck the workforce and the economy more than it already is.
And B- most teenagers that want to close schools don’t actually care about the spreading of the Coronavirus( ok I am generalising but it is fairly true for the majority) but rather want school to close so they can go hang out with their friends etc so they’ll still be outside moving around. And that isn’t any better than being in school

Anyone care to argue against my points? I’m more than willing to be open minded because I honestly can’t think of solutions to this
Spoiler: Government isn't going to follow the request of an online petition over the advice of health professionals.

Schools may be closed in due course, but this is a complete waste of time.
Original post by marianne.xox
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/300403
SIGN SO WE CAN CANCEL SCHOOL/COLLEGE/UNI BECAUSE OF CORONA VIRUS!!! AND SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY! LETS DO THIS STUDENTS

doneeee
Anyone care to argue against my points? I’m more than willing to be open minded because I honestly can’t think of solutions to this

The UK could never deal with coronavirus the way China did.

okay but they cant teach us if we all dead. whats more important, being alive or worrying about our future which we might not see
Original post by Umaymah1234
okay but they cant teach us if we all dead. whats more important, being alive or worrying about our future which we might not see

If you don’t have an underlying health condition, the chances of you dying of the corona virus is less than that of crossing a busy road.
At what point did I say the elderly have a lower importance? Nice one, I'm implying that elderly people tend to have more compromised immune systems compared to that of your average teenager.

LMAO so you agree the elderly are just as important as teenagers.Good.
That's exactly why we should close schools.
If you don't understand then I cba to explain basic logic.
@sam72016 is a troll guys. pls ignore.
LMAO so you agree the elderly are just as important as teenagers.Good.
That's exactly why we should close schools.
If you don't understand then I cba to explain basic logic.

Ok that’s great. But what about practicality. What do you plan on doing if doctors and nurses take days off because they need to look after their kids who are home

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending